Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

No, he's on the verge of injuring himself off the roster. If he plays the full 16 game season he'll be here in 2020.

Your talking about a guy who explains away every positive think Marcus has ever done for this franchise and he will never give you a honest debate. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Huston said:

Your talking about a guy who explains away every positive think Marcus has ever done for this franchise and he will never give you a honest debate. 

But even O has even admitted on here before that he thinks he "teases" you with some of these performances. I figured Texas prostitutes were an endangered species given the hard-on he got after the Cowboys and Patriots games. And I think that's probably why O is so gung-ho on the "fuck him" wagon now... he's pissed at how hard he got after banging the drum for so long and loudly about how bad he is. It's double-down time now.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But even O has even admitted on here before that he thinks he "teases" you with some of these performances. I figured Texas prostitutes were an endangered species given the hard-on he got after the Cowboys and Patriots games. And I think that's probably why O is so gung-ho on the "fuck him" wagon now... he's pissed at how hard he got after banging the drum for so long and loudly about how bad he is. It's double-down time now.

Naw he came back to his old self and said the Cowboys were letting him complete all those easy passes so it wasn't impressive at all and few lemmings in here jumped of the cliff with him.

Edited by Huston

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don’t think it’s just Oman.  I think the brass is sick of it too.  Do you honestly think Vrabel wants to go to battle every week with a inconsistent QB who calls in sick 1/4 of the time?  You have 52 players, plus coaches and front office who bust their asses every week and are left to the mercy of which Mariota shows up, if he does at all.  That last game in Indy, with the season on the line, may have signaled the end for Mariota in Tennessee.  He is just not dependable.  I expect a QB like Tyree Jackson to be drafted this year.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I like what JRob is doing this offseason, he is putting pieces in place to give Mariota every opportunity to "earn" a longer stay as the starting QB, should that not eventuate the pieces will also be in place to drop a rookie QB in for 2020.

2 hours ago, Righteous said:

I don’t see that at all.  I see him putting a team together that can win regardless of Mariota.  

Exactly.

Hours upon hours of film study by the GM and the coaching staff has revealed that this team needed an infusion of talent and experience at multiple positions on the offense.

It isn't just about Marcus, it's about the team and whether they produce.

If it was purely all about Marcus sucking, he'd be gone, cap hit or no cap hit.

JRob don't play, and he's demonstrated that.  And he ain't done yet.

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Naw he came back to his old self and said the Cowboys were letting him complete all those easy passes so it wasn't impressive at all and few lemmings in here jumped of the cliff with him.

I believe the actual team that people referenced to letting Mariota have a field day was the Texans where we got stomped but Mariota had close to a "perfect" day!

8 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Exactly.

Hours upon hours of film study by the GM and the coaching staff has revealed that this team needed an infusion of talent and experience at multiple positions on the offense.

It isn't just about Marcus, it's about the team and whether they produce.

If it was purely all about Marcus sucking, he'd be gone, cap hit or no cap hit.

JRob don't play, and he's demonstrated that.  And he ain't done yet.

Some in here acting like they added Bell and OBJ to this offense to give Marcus the best chance to put up numbers. All they did was finally good players at all levels of the offense for a change, enough that even a competent backup should have some success.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I believe the actual team that people referenced to letting Mariota have a field day was the Texans where we got stomped but Mariota had close to a "perfect" day!

I thought it was both, didn't he set a record against the Cowboys like 21-24 or something and they were saying all the passes were easy and short.

Just now, Huston said:

I thought it was both, didn't he set a record against the Cowboys like 21-24 or something and they were saying all the passes were easy and short.

Texans, he had one incompletion the entire game to Derrick Henry late in the game... The thing felt over at halftime and we just dinked and dunked our way to put ourselves out of our misery.

Very little about that 22-23 2TD day was impressive

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

Texans, he had one incompletion the entire game to Derrick Henry late in the game... The thing felt over at halftime and we just dinked and dunked our way to put ourselves out of our misery.

gotcha

19 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

LOL

It was 24-10 at the half after the defense gave up a 97 yd TD run.  Right after another genius play call that saw Stocker get stuffed on 4th and goal from the FB position. 

If the defense hadn't rolled over on that play the half most likely ends with a one score game.

Where do you guys come up with these narratives?

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

LOL

It was 24-10 at the half after the defense gave up a 97 yd TD run.  Right after another genius play call that saw Stocker get stuffed on 4th and goal from the FB position. 

If the defense hadn't rolled over on that play the half most likely ends with a one score game.

And we had some Jonnu 61 yard TD that was just a ridiculous lapse on their defense.... Doesn't change the fact that it FELT over because they thoroughly had their way with us the majority of the game

10 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

LOL

Fuck I knew I wasn't that high.

8 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Tannehill has a bigger arm with better touch. Also a better creator and is truly a pass-first QB.  He can hit players in stride in the short game and get the ball over defenders, he doesn't require a clear throwing lanes.  Also more willing to test coverage and throw 50/50 balls. But I absolutely hate watching his tape.  His team sucks.  Or maybe he sucks and makes them look bad, though it appears he's fighting an uphill battle.  But I like his chances on a better team with a more structured offense, given that he stays healthy.

I haven't said anything much about Tannehill because I haven't seen him.  He has a lot of passing yards, but you have to know the game circumstances when he's getting yards.  Bortles had some great numbers and some highlight reel passes when the game was out of reach.  I think your take is more correct, Miami just hasn't put a great team around him.  He's had some receivers.  It doesn't seem live he'll come here and become Dan Marino.  But if Mariota were to get injuries, I think he could step in and keep the team moving at the same pace.  If we just had that, we would have beat Miami each of the last two years.