Titans Release Cyprien (Now Official)

tgo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cyp was terrible here. You can't be a box only safety and miss tackles like he did. Vaccaro is better in every way. That said, best of luck and thanks for knocking Kelce out last season.

Say what you want about him but he played a crucial role in the playoff win.  The play at the end to avoid the penalty was huge.

Cyp was a pro and while he wasn't great he was good for team chemistry. I remember reading articles about him making cleats for the guys and supporting the boys. Good luck to him. 

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

We absolutely need a young S who can provide depth early on and eventually take over at SS. 

I thought that was what we were training Cruikshank for 

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Byard, Vaccaro, Cruikshank.... we need someone else to go into that stew.

We need another NB/ FS to backup Byard

i haven’t checked the roster in a while.. who was it last season ? 

The backup FS was Kendrick Lewis who is a FA. Brynden Trawick was behind Lewis and Cruikshank. 

I could see them bringing back Lewis. Lots of familiarity with Vrabel and Pees. Was under Pees in Baltimore, under Vrabel in Houston and was actually a teammate of Vrabel in Kansas City. 

Speaking of Kendrick Lewis, he could be a great resource for Vrabel/Robinson on the Justin Houston matter. 

Edited by tgo

8 hours ago, scine09 said:

Say what you want about him but he played a crucial role in the playoff win.  The play at the end to avoid the penalty was huge.

He played fairly well down the stretch of 2017.  They had big expectations for him last year.  But, Vaccaro is the better player.  I'm sure Vaccaro fighting to get back after that horrible dislocation made an impression.

Edited by japan

7 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I know we are likely to re-sign Vacarro now, but if we wait to till the draft to fill the need this guy could be a really strong pick.

No way they wait on the draft when they could just sign Vaccaro. It's a waste of a resource that could be spent elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, reo said:

No way they wait on the draft when they could just sign Vaccaro. It's a waste of a resource that could be spent elsewhere. 

you also dont want to risk losing both cyp and vaccaro. 

I wonder if we still might resign Cyp for peanuts. I don’t think he’s going to get paid what he thinks he deserves. If he’s only getting vet minimum offers I think he’d just come back here and be our 3rd safety.

edit: also not sure about his contract but if he had any guaranteed money it makes sense to not restructure. If they cut you with guarantees you get paid out. So it might have made sense financially for him to reject the contract restructure.

Edited by Thrill

3 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I wonder if we still might resign Cyp for peanuts. I don’t think he’s going to get paid what he thinks he deserves. If he’s only getting vet minimum offers I think he’d just come back here and be our 3rd safety.

edit: also not sure about his contract but if he had any guaranteed money it makes sense to not restructure. If they cut you with guarantees you get paid out. So it might have made sense financially for him to reject the contract restructure.

The real question is whether he gets offers to be a starter or whether he's getting backup offers. 

If it's the latter, he could be back for a year.