Matthews speaks up about playcalling. Says “I’d rather have Marcus calling the shots”

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"A quarterback does not come into his own, until he can tell the coach to go to hell."   Johnny Unitas

The Mutiny has begun.     I call Bullshit on Mularkey here. If it was part of the GP why didn’t you run it earlier? 

Face it: every single offensive player trusts Marcus more than the coaches. 

Posted Images

I'm not happy with the staff at all, but I don't really like the players being quite, THIS vocal about it in public. I understand that Mularkey has it coming because he throws them under the bus way too often but this feels like the kind of stuff that brings more bad than good and can create a bunch of unforeseen circumstances, none of which are positive.

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm not happy with the staff at all, but I don't really like the players being quite, THIS vocal about it in public. I understand that Mularkey has it coming because he throws them under the bus way too often but this feels like the kind of stuff that brings more bad than good and can create a bunch of unforeseen circumstances, none of which are positive.

Funny a few weeks ago you told me you were happy with the staff and direction of the team...glad you’ve seen the light

but I agree only as far as taywan Taylor is concerned. Rookie don’t even need to do something as small as like tweets criticizing anyone

19 minutes ago, 52O said:

Funny a few weeks ago you told me you were happy with the staff and direction of the team...glad you’ve seen the light

but I agree only as far as taywan Taylor is concerned. Rookie don’t even need to do something as small as like tweets criticizing anyone

What I said was that we are better this year than we've been in the last 10 years, which is true. I also said that we were winning close games that we would normally lose, which was also true. Things have changed since then and my opinion has changed with them. I was never "happy" with the staff. I was satisfied with them because we even though we had our flaws (which I stated many times) we were still grinding out some wins and were on the path to a playoff berth we haven't had in a decade.

Well, before you decided to come back around, I had already stated that I was fine with the staff but that if we didn't make the playoffs, I'd support firing them. I've been consistent on that as well. My thing is, I'd like to see something actually fail before declaring it a failure. It's not about trying to be right ahead of time, but making the right decision based on facts and it's hard to have facts before-hand. I also wanted to enjoy the ride before the wheels fell off instead of worrying about the damn wheels every second. I was able to squeeze out a few more weeks of happiness than the people freaking out.

In regards to the talking, I don't care who does it if they do it they way these guys have. Again, I get it, but it's unproductive.

Edited by Mythos27

When you hear our O C Robiskit say we will  keep running the same plays even if it dosent work hoping that you break one out sooner or later .?

That was it for me....You are no O C with that kind of thinking you have to be one step ahead of the other coach not 3 steps behind

complete moron ..

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

What I said was that we are better this year than we've been in the last 10 years, which is true. I also said that we were winning close games that we would normally lose, which was also true. Things have changed since then and my opinion has changed with them. I was never "happy" with the staff. I was satisfied with them because we even though we had our flaws (which I stated many times) we were still grinding out some wins and were on the path to a playoff berth we haven't had in a decade.

Well, before you decided to come back around, I had already stated that I was fine with the staff but that if we didn't make the playoffs, I'd support firing them. I've been consistent on that as well. My thing is, I'd like to see something actually fail before declaring it a failure. It's not about trying to be right ahead of time, but making the right decision based on facts and it's hard to have facts before-hand. I also wanted to enjoy the ride before the wheels fell off instead of worrying about the damn wheels every second. I was able to squeeze out a few more weeks of happiness than the people freaking out.

In regards to the talking, I don't care who does it if they do it they way these guys have. Again, I get it, but it's unproductive.

I understand.  I supported the staff, perhaps more on the board than I really felt.  I tolerated the ugly wins, but Marcus' steady regression became more and more concerning.  The loss to the Cards was when I could no longer defend the staff.  While I hated the loss to the 49ers, I also was encouraged.   Marcus still has it and isn't broken.  While I don't know what happened between the sideline and huddle, it sure looks like the offense chose to support Marcus and to hell with the coaches.  The results?  Marcus looked like the Marcus we fell in love with.  What that says to me is we have to move on.  Or at least make changes that I don't feel Mularkey is willing to do.  

There's no guarantee of glory with a coaching  staff change, but at this point I don't see we have much choice other than to roll the dice.  

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

Coaching matters:

The changes that need made couldn't be more obvious. This team has no excuse to not be first in the AFC South and in the playoffs considering the ease of schedule and the injuries to the other AFC South teams. This should have been our year, it will never be easier. Mukarkey blew it.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Righteous said:

A 15 page thread without one poster saying Mariota is horrible and has been from day 1.  Go figure!  As I said, I call bullshit on all the Johnnie come lately’s fake ass most knowledgeable posters of them all!

Who said Mariota was horrible from day 1?

I only know one or two posters who said that before he was drafted and one's a Mett homer and the other is a certified moron who thinks Russell Wilson is a flop.

The rest were optimistic with his play early but realized he wasn't progressing.

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Who said Mariota was horrible from day 1?

I only know one or two posters who said that before he was drafted and one's a Mett homer and the other is a certified moron who thinks Russell Wilson is a flop.

The rest were optimistic with his play early but realized he wasn't progressing.

You haven’t been paying attention.

I'm still confused what everyone is trying to say here lol.

RGlll had a superstar rookie season. I'm sure everyone was optimistic then.

I don't recall people trashing Mariota at first. Why? Because he deserved time and patience. 

But overtime he never showed he had what it takes ... so he was benched. 

Edited by big2033

44 minutes ago, Righteous said:

You haven’t been paying attention.

Really who has been saying he was horrible from Day 1? I recall Oilerman saying his issues have been around for some time ... which is true. What you expect is your young QB to adapt and grow. He didn't and so you have defenses figure you out and take away what you can do well.

See RGlll ... 

Every QB has flaws coming out. But you forgive them at first because you want to give them time to figure it out.

Edited by big2033