Week 2: Texans @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Landry looked like a legit 12+ sack guy out there in limited reps. 

Gameplan A+++

Posted Images

Great to walk away with a win after all the adversity this week.  This is the first time in a LONG time that anyone felt like the Titans could compete with a legit team minus Mariota pulling out some miracle.  Of course no one felt like that going into the game but this win reminded me a lot of when the Steelers came to town a few years ago and pulled out a win with a 3rd string QB (Can't even remember who) but I gave big props to Tomlinson after that game and I give big props to the coaching staff in this game as well.

The team was well prepared.  They knew they had to get to Watson to win and they came up with a gutsy game plan that worked.  The wildcat stuff was just enough to give them a boost without being such a crutch that it became a liability.  Going for it on fourth.  Guys being prepared to check on a blown assignment on ST's.  Not sure if it was something they saw on film or if they noticed it at the line and checked but either way, that was the difference in the game.

It was a team effort and it came from all directions.  They found a way to win.  That is the mark of a good team.  Find a way to win.  

I feel much better about the season going forward.  They just need to get healthier now for next week against the Jags.

2 hours ago, japan said:

I get terrified everytime Davis is running in the open field.  Seems too excited and has tendency to fumble too easily.

Yeah needs to sort how he holds the ball. But in terms of his catch radius, YAC and getting open there are absolutely no issues.

3 hours ago, japan said:

You guys may have covered this earlier in the thread, but was the fake punt a line adjustment since Crukshank was uncovered?  Or was it planned all along?

Supposedly, the Texans were in that same formation against the Patriots, except the gunner didn't go wide. This could have been Vrabel being familiar with the Texans and preparing for the formation.

Just a good coaching move by Vrabel and Aukerman.

6 hours ago, scine09 said:

@wiscotitansfan, was that you who just called 104.5?  Some guy named Albert from Milwaukee called.

Haha not at all, if a Ben calls in that it may have been me... I don't live in Milwaukee anymore too, I moved

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, oldschool said:

Have you been to Wisconsin? Fat Albert could describe 80% of the population. 

Somehow was lost our most obese state title and in a fucking landslide... As of 2017 we are ranked 21st (Tennessee 15th)

I'm disappointed in that, maybe "adult" has something to do with it

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

one thing I was a little surprised by today was the lack of snaps for Rashaan Evans, when Watson started to break contain more regularly I thought they might put Evans in as a spy, he did this job really well in the Clemson vs Bama championship games.

guess Pees/Vrabel are just easing him back and don't won't to rush him yet.

44 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Somehow was lost our most obese state title and in a fucking landslide... As of 2017 we are ranked 21st (Tennessee 15th)

I'm disappointed in that, maybe "adult" has something to do with it

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

Hawaii seems higher than 49th to me.  Interesting that most of the top 10 states are located in the South.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic