Schefter: Possible Titans OC - Ryan Day, Ohio State OC

Jamalisms

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the reaction because everyone is like:   "We wanted innovation ... but like ... innovation that's guaranteed to work ..."   LOL. 

I love this forum . Everyone screams for new young coaching and innovative spread concepts. Titans might hire a young college Oc proficient in those concepts and the forum freaks out because he’s not

PK paid members must be fuming mad.  

Posted Images

Just now, big2033 said:

Everyone has been a college coach. And his spread concepts are being used in the NFL more than ever. Especially with the Eagles and Rams.

We just know what Eagles and Rams personnel are going to do ... 

The Rams run a crap ton of bunch and heavy sets too. 

Neither one of those offenses are like Chip Kelly’s really. One is West Coast and one is basically the Shanahan/Kubiak offense. 

Just now, tgo said:

Neither one of those offenses are like Chip Kelly’s really. One is West Coast and one is basically the Shanahan/Kubiak offense. 

Fair enough. And what makes you think we'll go full Chip Kelly ... I'm not even sure Chip Kelly went full Chip Kelly in the NFL. 

My point is innovation sometimes comes at a price.

We wanted innovation we could project ... well, it might not happen.

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I love the reaction because everyone is like:

"We wanted innovation ... but like ... innovation that's guaranteed to work ..."

LOL. 

This is fair. But, also, I think Flip appears unconsidered for either HC or OC. And that probably drives a bit. Less guaranteed and more just a loss of the expected.

I'm ok enough with a college guy, especially one with a second-person connection to Mariota. But it's risk piled on risk. The best response to me was someone on Twitter saying this feels like taking a hot at 18 in blackjack. It FEELS risky.

12 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It would indicate to me that his vision is to bring Mariota back to Oregon rather than to develop him for the NFL. Fatal mistake if this is how it goes down.

Exactly. This changes everything.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I'm starting to wonder whether any of us should have questioned the ages and experience level of Mularkey's staff.

This is the pendulum swinging too far back the other way IYAM.

Younger people with fresher ideas doesn't mean marginal experience and limited success.

LMAO this is great.

On Wednesday, Belichick and Kelly discussed their relationship in brief spurts with Belichick noting that the two coaches "go back a ways." Belichick said he couldn't pinpoint the exact moment he became aware of Kelly or some of the things Kelly was doing offensively, but he did know

that he first started meeting with Kelly when he was an assistant at New Hampshire.

Kelly would pay fairly regular visits to Foxborough then, a process that continued when he was an assistant and then head coach at Oregon. Those meetings would mostly consist of an exchange of ideas on all things football.

"We had a good opportunity to exchange some ideas, thoughts about a lot of things," Belichick said. "I think Chip has got a lot of great ideas. I think his overall organization of whether it's an offensive system, practice schedule, training, so forth, we talked about a lot of those things and I've learned a lot from him."

Belichick declined to offer details on some of the things he's learned from Kelly over the years but did acknowledge that the Patriots have used some of them in their organization.

"He had some great ideas that we've incorporated into things that we're doing on a number of different levels," Belichick said. "Some are X's and O's but I would say less that and more other things involved in the program."

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/21325/good-friends-chip-kelly-and-bill-belichick-go-way-back

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Kelly's offenses utilize a number of those 2TE and heavy set concepts too.

But they also require a high degree of power and mobility in the O-Line, and at least one exceptional running back.