Schefter: Possible Titans OC - Ryan Day, Ohio State OC

Jamalisms

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Btw, there are other DC options like Spagnuolo, Kris Richard, etc. Point being there’s a plethora of guys with experience. 

Obviously many of them aren’t fits for one reason or another. 

Like I said above. Why should we go for guys who couldn't keep their job. What makes them so much better than somebody new?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the reaction because everyone is like:   "We wanted innovation ... but like ... innovation that's guaranteed to work ..."   LOL. 

I love this forum . Everyone screams for new young coaching and innovative spread concepts. Titans might hire a young college Oc proficient in those concepts and the forum freaks out because he’s not

PK paid members must be fuming mad.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Superhorn said:

Really?  I didn't see that at all.

A couple of plays from the Cardinals game really jumped out at me:  

I remember on several of these big Henry runs, that Kline was asked to pull and looked nimble doing it.  More so than Spain, IMO.  But, I defer to you as I'm just going off of my impressions from watching the games in realtime.

3 hours ago, japan said:

I remember on several of these big Henry runs, that Kline was asked to pull and looked nimble doing it.  More so than Spain, IMO.  But, I defer to you as I'm just going off of my impressions from watching the games in realtime.

He was absolutely asked to pull more than Kline.  Kline was the guy Robiskie loved to pull. In that bottom AZ play, they even moved him to LG just so they could pull across, the formation. 

I didnt chart it closely or study him either. He did have some good plays. Just came away thinking he was slow and lacking power more often than not. 

5 hours ago, big2033 said:

And if you guys remember I was defending the previous staff just as hard.

This balance of experience and innovation you're looking for is just not as easy as you all think it is. There's timing involved too.

Usually, you have to take a leap of faith somewhere and your staff becomes great and everyone wonders why their team can't have those guys.

Either direction you go in, you have to hope the staff learns and grows. Because you're not going to have the perfect guy going in. You're going to have weaknesses somewhere in the old vs. new philosophy.

I think a big part of the plan on the offensive side is continuity for Mariota. This will be his third offense in four years. If we hired one of those other guys they’ll be gone within a year or two. If we hire Day he isn’t going anywhere for long time unless Mariota absolutely explodes, which would be a good problem to have.

I’m not entirely sure about the defensive side of the ball, but what it’s showing me is Vrabel will likely have a very large hand in the game plan from week to week. That’s all of course if we sign a rookie playcaller.