Some early thoughts

OILERMAN

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you watch the game? Henry was horrible outside of one good run.

In considering the Titans passing offense as a whole, look at the statistical rankings of the pass defenses the Titans have played lately:   Bengals: 5th, 192.6 ypg Ravens: 3rd, 184.7 y

I've actually been a big anti-Mularkey guy but Mariota and the WRs have to play better.

Mariota had several balls sail on him, rishard had a boneheaded drop, and Davis had a boneheaded fumble. 

I'm still not a Mularkey fan but it seems the players didn't execute today, similar to what Oman said above. 

(I do do feel good about Davis though. I've been having this vision of him making a really big play for us in the playoffs, similar to TO.)

7 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

This offense is going to be hard for Pitt to get ready for in 3 days.  Mariota needs to kill Pitt with his legs.  

This is why I don't understand why everybody is so opposed to him running. It's a huge weapon. I think so much of it is because of Locker & VY. Fans are just dying for a drop back QB. But Marcus can do it all, let him be himself.

Mularkey does a good job of letting him use his instincts on when to run without forcing it.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Did you watch the game? Henry was horrible outside of one good run.

He had 11 carries against a good run D. And this OL has been horrible. I've defended them & they were taking too much flak early but it's been OOGLY the last 2 weeks.

Im starting to wonder if there's a reason that Mularkey helps there's tackles as much as he does.

7 minutes ago, Omar said:

Interior OL is not very good. Way too many DTs meet our RB in the backfield. Every week..

Honestly the tackles have really been the bigger issue lately. Actually Lewan much more than Conklin. The interior hasn't been great either but Lewan needs to pick it up.

2 minutes ago, japan said:

I saw Schwenke getting beat like a drum.  When is Spain back?

Indy game is most likely. Mularkey pretty much gave him no shot of playing in the Cinci game from the start of last week, so with him not being close to playing this game, doubt he'll be ready in just another 4 days.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

I saw Schwenke getting beat like a drum.  When is Spain back?

Schwenke actually played good last week. 

But we may seruously need to look at this stud guard from Notre Dame.

Edited by Face