Round Two, Pick 33 Overall: Titans Select Will Levis. Tannehill’s Successor Secured

tgo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Russini was right!  The Titans traded up with Arizona for a QB.

I think we got a better quarterback at 33 than the Colts did at 4. 

Levis it is   

Posted Images

I will say, he definitely has a...personality. He is hocking so much shit on instagram. I don't know if I have ever been aware of a player's advertising more from just a glance. Used car grifter, don't leave alone at the table with your wife kind of vibe. It's the sort of egotism that will be a balcony or a basement. This will be a ride. 

6 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

What else where they supposed to do? They didn't have the capital to get Stroud. They didn't want to give up the ammo to get Richardson. They weren't going to fully rebuild the offense in one draft where we could compete in this AFC. They took a high upside guy who scored well and has all the tools with minimal draft capital while facing down a 35 year old QB in his last year. Quit yer bitchin. 

With a ton of holes to fill, we spent two of our first three picks on guys playing positions where we don't have holes.  It's obvious to me that the plan is more of the same...run, run, pass, punt....and for all the people that think meathead's offense is great for a young QB, if an accurate veteran QB is struggling to keep the offensive on the field because the defense knows exactly what we are doing each play, it isn't going to be easy for a young inaccurate QB to be successful...especially with the other 'weapons' we have.  

I'll keep 'bitchin' until we have an offense that looks like something that belongs in 21st football.  Until then, feel free to toe the company line...just be prepared to be looking top 15 picks every year, because that's what this style of football leads too.  We've been here before, remember?  

6 hours ago, Callidus said:

If Levis doesn't pan out we are fucked which is why I hated the pick so much. 

This is why the pick isn't as bad. Worst case scenario you keep looking for a QB. They gave up a 2nd rounder this year(3rd next), not a big deal in terms of looking for a franchise QB. 

If Kelly can make David Mills look okay, there's a chance he can work with this group.  Let's give it a chance.  It's done so no point in being negative about it before we know a damn thing.  Levis might bust but some pretending like this is the Willis pick.  Levis is a MUCH MUCH better prospect than Willis was. 

3 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

With a ton of holes to fill, we spent two of our first three picks on guys playing positions where we don't have holes.  It's obvious to me that the plan is more of the same...run, run, pass, punt....and for all the people that think meathead's offense is great for a young QB, if an accurate veteran QB is struggling to keep the offensive on the field because the defense knows exactly what we are doing each play, it isn't going to be easy for a young inaccurate QB to be successful...especially with the other 'weapons' we have.  

I'll keep 'bitchin' until we have an offense that looks like something that belongs in 21st football.  Until then, feel free to toe the company line...just be prepared to be looking top 15 picks every year, because that's what this style of football leads too.  We've been here before, remember?  

I get this frustration. It’s a frustration I had as well. However, when you take a step back and look at it, those areas were going to need to be addressed at some point. Henry is aging and was already a two-down back. I liked what I saw from Spears. Remains to be seen how well he produces, but I liked what I saw. 

With Levis, you’re getting great value. And if he flakes out, you get another shot at a potential franchise QB. Tannehill is great and I’m a fan, but this draft was littered with mid round talent and not enough blue chip talent. 

What would you have rather seen them do? 

36 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

These scores seem inflated.  He's a good athlete, but I doubt he'd even be in the Top 10 best athletes at the position among starters, let alone every single QB in the league

I wouldn't consider a single one of the players from this class to be elite athletes, yet they all are scoring near perfect 10s 

23 hours ago, TerryBoats said:

Just like it's impossible to find good LTs with 32 inch arms, you're not going to find a good QB who takes sacks at a rate of over 25% relative to the number of snaps in which they see pressure.  Not my opinion, simply a matter of fact 

His OL was complete dogshit.  Just like Tannehill's was an abomination in 22 . But Richardson's was just as bad as Levis in terms of his pressure %, yet he took a fraction of the sacks.  The ability of the QB to deal with adversity matters as well.  

402462001_Fu6B-qbWYAARON5(1).jpeg.bb1aa66305f6efd3da18b24b1ad8c51e.jpeg

Interesting. I've never heard of this metric. How big is the sample size and how long have they been tracking this?