Jan 6th Hearings

reo

45 minutes ago, begooode said:

The drumbeats are getting louder:

Rep. Bennie Thompson, chair of the Jan. 6 select committee, said Wednesday that significant new streams of evidence have necessitated a change to the panel’s hearing schedule, including the potential for additional hearings.

After the committee’s Thursday hearing — which will focus on former President Donald Trump’s effort to deploy the Justice Department to help overturn the 2020 presidential election — House investigators will resume hearings in July, Thompson said.

Thompson (D-Miss.) cited newly received footage from documentarian Alex Holder, who had access to Trump and his family before and after Jan. 6; new documents from the National Archives; and a flood of new tips received during the committee’s first four public hearings.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/22/jan-6-panel-revises-hearing-schedule-00041384

Hopefully there's more audio of Trump. 

Boy, I bet Merrick Garland is ageing by the MINUTE. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biden isn't the head of a cult that attempted to overturn a democratically-held election to keep their power structure and bruised egos intact.

Someone help me understand this:   For the past 2+ years, Republicans have been pounding the table and screaming at the top of their lungs about a stolen election, election fraud, fake/fraud

Long story ...   There was a sales rep I used to work with (who had a hilarious falling out with the company which basically showed he didn't know our product and would sell his other produc

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Yet you believe every negative thing that is spoken.....just like you did with the Russian collusion hoax.

Trump has done nothing since day one other than show he is a POS person, culminating in him trying to steal an election in the United States.  It's all right there.  

Your initial thoughts about Trump in early 2016 were right.  He's a garbage human being.  He's a traitor to the core most principles of this country.   Politics has corrupted your mind.  This is beyond politics.  Step back.  

On 6/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, ctm said:

The ability to premptively pardon someone before a conviction should be eliminated.

Long article on presidential pardons post Trump.  We have to get this fixed before the next wannabe emperor

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/22/trump-pardon-abuse-00041372

One of the recurring themes of the Jan. 6 Committee hearings has been requests for presidential pardons by people who advanced Donald Trump’s election fraud lies and attempt to override Joe Biden’s unequivocal win.

At the first hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), the vice chair of the committee, announced in her opening statement that Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) “contacted the White House in the weeks after Jan. 6 to seek a presidential pardon,” and that “multiple other Republican congressmen also sought presidential pardons for their roles in attempting to overturn the 2020 election.” (Perry has denied the allegation; the committee has several more hearings at which to disclose the evidence supporting Cheney’s claim.)

Then, last Thursday, committee member Rep. Pete Aguilar (D.-Calif.) revealed that Trump lawyer John Eastman — who outlined an ostensibly unconstitutional plan to have former Vice President Mike Pence reject electoral college certifications — sent Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani an email just days after Jan. 6: “I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

The implications were obvious: Because a pardon can operate as the constitutional equivalent of a get-out-of-jail-free card, Eastman, Perry and other Republicans in Congress wanted protection from possible criminal liability for crimes they may have committed in furtherance of Trump’s lawless efforts to undermine the 2020 election results and subvert the peaceful transfer of power.

It’s not just that these people may have incriminated themselves by their requests. It’s the notion that the president’s power itself is so broad that they might have received one legally if Trump so chose. People are rightly asking: Can a president really grant a pardon to someone who may have criminally obstructed an official proceeding at his behest? Isn’t it obstruction if the president gives out pardons in return for a political favor? And what if he wrote preemptive, so-called “pocket” pardons for his family members, as the New York Times reported was discussed in December of 2020?....

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

I doesn’t bother me if they prove Trump did all sorts of bad stuff and keep him from running in 2024.   I hope he doesn’t run or get the nomination.   Nevertheless, these one sided hearings are a sham with the only goal to get Trump.   They even cheat by doctoring the tape.

Feel free to provide specific examples of where they supposedly doctored the tape…

Edited by Starkiller

They even cheat by doctoring the tape.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:32 PM, begooode said:

Here are some of the most notable moments from Trump’s speech:

• Trump floats pardons for Jan. 6 defendants after a potential 2024 win
  • Trump continues attacks on Pence over 2020 election certification 
  • Trump claims without evidence that Jan. 6 videos shown as evidence are doctored 
  • Trump asserts Capitol riot was ‘a simple protest that got out of hand‘
  • Trump bashes ‘left-wing indoctrination’ in education 
Edited by begooode

On 11/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, Little Earl said:

I would absolutely love Pence over Trump. 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:17 PM, ctm said:

Best case for Trump today......he didn't care if his supporters killed Pence.

Worst case.....he actively encouraged it.

He's one despicable human being.  Everything else that happened is secondary to that.

Yet here is LEarl reporting for duty to defend the indefensible (thx McCarthy).  A blatant coup attempt to nullify a presidential election and these guys just mindlessly zip up the clown suit and wage war on da Libz!! ffs

image.png.191c7d5d0bd605006e165190a0d705d3.png

Edited by begooode

I doesn’t bother me if they prove Trump did all sorts of bad stuff and keep him from running in 2024.   I hope he doesn’t run or get the nomination.   Nevertheless, these one sided hearings are a sham with the only goal to get Trump.   They even cheat by doctoring the tape.

3FB9D948-0409-4682-9837-3C51BDD6473B.webp.4ac23033f241e7ba76918c5ed4ce7941.webp

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Translation...

"I just hate the other side." 

I mean.. that's about as close as we're going to get from LE to admitting to what Trump tried to do.

I'd call that definite progress. 

The question is... would @Little Earl still vote for Trump if he got the nomination?

We all probably know the answer but it's worth asking.

Edited by reo

Federal investigators subpoenaed the Georgia Republican Party chairman for information related to the fake elector scheme there -- as the Justice Department has issued a fresh round of subpoenas to people from several states who acted as rogue electors after the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources familiar with the situation told CNN.

The subpoena for the chairman, David Shafer, represents a significant step because he played a central role in organizing the fake slate of electors from Georgia and coordinated the effort with the Trump campaign.