NFL may launch its own streaming service

FRT

I have seen bits and pieces of this along the way but figure I would start a thread.  Currently called NFL+ and expect more to come at the  May owners meeting.  Talks about 2021 agreement with Verizon that opened the door. etc.

Would be huge for revenue but I can anticipate monopoly talk firing back up too.

https://www.engadget.com/nfl-plus-report-161404744.html

Edited by FRT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an out of market fan, I’m all for this. 

After the way they eviscerated and shit all over their once-incredible GamePass offering, I have basically zero faith that the NFL will ever offer a streaming product that's worth having.     Their co

holy shit, you are so overconfident in your own stupid fucking takes, as always.   Do you have any idea how many tiny streaming services there are? The NFL is bigger than most of these tiny

Posted Images

• FRT changed the title to NFL may launch its own streaming service

All they really need is a streaming service that is ad-free but otherwise similar to the content people get from the NFL Network. They just want revenue from people who don’t subscribe to a cable subscription.

Then have a more expensive version that includes more in-depth content like All-22. 

Edited by Starkiller

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

All they really need is a streaming service that is ad-free but otherwise similar to the content people get from the NFL Network. They just want revenue from people who don’t subscribe to a cable subscription.

Then have a more expensive version that includes more in-depth content like All-22. 

Aren't you supposed to be an IT guy? Running a globe spanning streaming service with millions of customers is not as easy as you claim. There is a reason Netflix pays its top tier engineers 400K or more a year.

3 minutes ago, japan said:

I can’t understand why the NFL only has only the TNF game broadcast in 4K. Why aren’t they leading on this. CFB has several games a week in 4K. 

Because they aren't a provider. Another reason why their in house streaming service will likely suck. 

3 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

International Game Pass is an NFL streaming service and it sucks

Constant issues, they actually had to give us a partial refund a couple of years ago for like 6 weeks because it was so broken

They stole hundreds from me, kept charging after I cancelled 3 different accounts when i had only made 1, the streams never worked to the point i pirated them, customer service was non-existant... and the rates they charged were not what was advertised. Luckily American express had so much trouble with them they were doing chargebacks up to 2 years later.

NFL will royally fuck it up. Their webs dev and streaming is absolute trash. Even nfl.com is shit.

17 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

holy shit, you are so overconfident in your own stupid fucking takes, as always.

Do you have any idea how many tiny streaming services there are? The NFL is bigger than most of these tiny and niche streaming services and have way more content. How do you honestly think for a second that they couldn’t either hire enough people to run a streaming service themselves or just outsource it?

You act like video streaming is some insurmountable technological hill to climb. Look around you. It’s fucking simple. All you need is content and you can make money streaming online. 

Spoken like some two bit hack who supports end user laptops. Streaming is big business and to do it right at scale costs tons of capital. To quote @Jamalisms, moron.....