Is it time to start worrying about Taylor Lewan?

gatordude731

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The worst call of the game was sending out the kicker on 4th and 1 before the half. Pussy call. He just missed an extra point. When he missed it notice how the Cardinals said fuck you and attempted to

lol

*cough*      

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ctm said:

Josh Norman can rest easy after getting punked by Derrick Henry's stiff arm.  Lewan getting humiliated by Buda Baker is now exhibit A.

Baker definitely made up for being tracked down by DK heatseaker Metcalf last season.

1 hour ago, Nash said:

Lewan looks bulked up in his upper body to me.. it sure makes me wonder if he purposely avoided leg workouts this off-season

I was going to say to me it looks like his legs just aren't moving well at all, like he is reluctant to really plant and power. He had serious balance issues and was caught out of position multiple times.

28 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I was going to say to me it looks like his legs just aren't moving well at all, like he is reluctant to really plant and power. He had serious balance issues and was caught out of position multiple times.

He actually played pretty well after that disastrous 1st quarter which gives me hope he was just rusty and didn't trust his knee to start the game. When the Titans went pass heavy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he not only held up, he won the vast majority of his battles with Jones.

I said last year missing Lewan and seeing this offense should make him trade bait as soon as possible.  His cap is not worth his ROI.  TN should be playing Radunz and FARLEY irrespective of their readiness due to their athletic ability.  They will make mistakes but Lewan is a pure liability and TN secondary needs SPEED injected. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

He actually played pretty well after that disastrous 1st quarter which gives me hope he was just rusty and didn't trust his knee to start the game. When the Titans went pass heavy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he not only held up, he won the vast majority of his battles with Jones.

Yeah. His footwork on that Baker play is atrocious. Look how his right leg extends forward, as he leans back. I could have pushed him over, and I weigh 165*.

*ummm...but I'm only 3'2, so I'm jacked!!!

5 hours ago, Nash said:

Lewan looks bulked up in his upper body to me.. it sure makes me wonder if he purposely avoided leg workouts this off-season

He needs to get all the shit out of his brain. Maybe he wouldn't be so top heavy that a pee wee player can just bull rush him on his ass.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, gatordude731 said:

He's coming off a torn ACL, his podcast is starting to gain traction and be one of the most listened to in Barstool Sports brand, and he just got his ass beat worse than I've seen since Steve Hutchinson vs Albert Haynesworth in 2009. Is his mindset really 100% in football when he makes tweets like this worrying about his image instead of keeping his head down and going to work prioritizing football?

image.png.61ad635028d72d05a87d4c9ac302444a.png

If he keeps playing like he did today then it doesn't matter that we have AJ, DH and JJ if Tanny if dead.

He did and it was bad but he can admit it which is good. No idea if he will play better from now on but that is a positive

Dude is definitely still recovering. Hard to say what he'll be once fully healthy. Hard to say how bad he'll be ion a week to week basis until he is. Hard to say how bad he needs to be before they should reasonably consider pausing.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, titanskick8851 said:

I mean there’s having a bad day. There’s bad luck. There is even injury rust, then there is absolutely just getting shit canned! Lewan falls in the shit canned category.

You can’t get absolutely mauled by a DB that you outweigh by 100+ lbs.

This is worse than Henry stiff arming Josh Norman into outer space. I fully expect Josh Norman to remind him of this the next time they see each other.

11 hours ago, oldschool said:

Great observation. He looked MUCH better in the second half. Unfortunately the rest of the lineman started getting beat too so it all felt like one cascade of failure.