Is it time to start worrying about Taylor Lewan?

gatordude731

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The worst call of the game was sending out the kicker on 4th and 1 before the half. Pussy call. He just missed an extra point. When he missed it notice how the Cardinals said fuck you and attempted to

lol

*cough*      

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

The alarming thing about Lewan is on some of these he barely provided any resistance for Jones.  It's like Jones just ran around him pretty easily.

Yep. Jones is still an elite guy, but he isn’t a healthy Vin Miller type who in a ten yard split is keeping up with Tyreek Hill. 

Lewan wasn’t even getting hands on him on not just the sacks but on several other plays. His kick step is what has always made him top ten and his length helped on the backside with players who were better than him. It’s why he would get eaten up on the inside move because he relied so much on that initial kick and then to get those arms on the guy before they could bend. 

Tannehill was a sitting duck today. It for real reminded me of the 2015 game against the Giants where Mett was hit every play.

In the third Tannehill missed  a throw that went right into the DB’s hands. The only reason it wasn’t a pick is because he lost control of the ball. 

38 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Those kind of things can be schemed around.

Okay, I just don’t agree with you and Oman on this.

Scheming to help one tackle with a blocking tight end or some bootlegs, wheel route…sure.

But if your whole Oline is stinking it up, especially both your tackles, and their Dline is on fire…you’re not winning that game.  You can call whatever plays you want.

Just now, 2ToneTerror said:

Okay, I just don’t agree with you and Oman on this.

Scheming to help one tackle with a blocking tight end or some bootlegs, wheel route…sure.

But if your whole Oline is stinking it up, especially both your tackles, and their Dline is on fire…you’re not winning that game.  You can call whatever plays you want.

I’m not saying you can scheme around it and win the game with the way Murray was playing. I’m saying point blank you do whatever you have to do to stop getting your franchise 120 million dollar player obliterated while giving yourself a functional chance. The way to do that is shotgun short game with a ton of drag routes and crossers. We ran next to none of those today. The entire pass game was downfield and to the check off. 

In the fourth it got so bad Tanne checked off on 3rd and ten to the TE when Sargent was on a wheel route and wide open. He had got hit so much he wanted the ball out of his hands. 

6 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not saying you can scheme around it and win the game with the way Murray was playing. I’m saying point blank you do whatever you have to do to stop getting your franchise 120 million dollar player obliterated while giving yourself a functional chance. The way to do that is shotgun short game with a ton of drag routes and crossers. We ran next to none of those today. The entire pass game was downfield and to the check off. 

In the fourth it got so bad Tanne checked off on 3rd and ten to the TE when Sargent was on a wheel route and wide open. He had got hit so much he wanted the ball out of his hands. 

This is something we’ve struggled with for awhile, mitigating the pass rush. By & large our OL has been very good for awhile now, but occasionally they’ll have a game when they’re just getting beat up bad. It happens, And I agree with you, they just keep running the same play action, deep drop scheme they normally run. You are what you are, I get you can’t become something else. But there’s so many things you can do to give your QB a breather & gain some control back. Like you said, run some quick stuff out of the gun. Throw a screen or two.  He’l I think the best thing you can do is a designed run or two. The board freaks out about that because of our QB history,  but RT is a great runner. A QB draw out of the gun can easily get you 8-12 yards against an aggressive rush. Sometimes all it takes is 2-3 plays like that & suddenly the rush slows up a lot.

BTW LOL at ripping Lewan for PED’s. First off, it was Ostarine, a SARM. I don’t even know why he’d bother taking that, it’s like Steroids Lite. 

Secondly, EVERYBODY in the NFL is on roids. I’d say 95%, not including the QB’s & I guarantee some of them are. They are all on gear, everyone. You can’t weigh 270 ripped at 6’4 natural. Can’t happen.  Now Lewan is screwed cause he can’t juice after getting caught yet all the fans call him a cheater.

Ironically, he was blocking, or trying to block, 2 of the all time Roid monsters. Watt has been gassing for years, everybody in the world knows that. But Chandler Jones, whose brother Jon Jones, failed 2 roids tests in MMA, for some reason is under the radar. If you take away 2020, when he basically missed the whole year & had 1 sack….he’s played 4 years in NE & 4 in Arizona. He he 36 sacks in NE, very nice, 9 a season. He’s had 60 in 4 seasons  in Arizona LOL. 11, 13, 17, and 19. And 5 today.

Yeah, Lewan’s cheating. I don’t get the hate for this guy. Yeah he gets banged up a bit but has had multiple seasons of pro bowl level play & has been one of the best run blocking tackles since drafted. He was an absolute monster in the ‘19 playoffs, he destroyed the Pats & Ravens. Yeah, he’s a bit of a frat boy at times. But he’s also been a leader & tempo setter, he plays nasty. The guy gets more then one game after ACL surgery before I’m ready to ride him out.

As a cards fan I would say no. Taylor is a great LT... Jones was out last season with an injury but the year before that he had twenty sacks.... and he’s in a contract year. 
there are maybe only three guys at LT that can handle Jones one on one for an entire game.

As a coach who are you going to leave on an island.... your star LT against chandler Jones? Or the guy at RT who just got his starting job yesterday against jj watt?  Most coaches would take their chances with Lewan against Jones since Jones didn’t show much last season before he was injured. But now Jones is fighting for a new contract