Rashad Weaver Charged with Simple Assault

tgo

29 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Redneck is not a term common to the south. Anyone that is illiterate can be one.....case in point.  Of course, you would let a women throw a drink in your face and just have a good cry. 

It's wild that you really think punching a woman is the better alternative than walking away or resolving it in basically any other manner

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

@JoelinBellevue Just so you know, the dictionary's definition of the word redneck specifically emphasize the South.

I'm sure you also think hillbilly is a term that can generally be thrown around and doesn't have specific connotation to a certain area

The term we use here in the midwest generally for these morons is hick

Redneck is a term originally given to a group of West Virginia coal miners that were fighting to become unionized.  It was based on their wearing of red bandanas around their necks to show solidarity.  It has since morphed into a generalized term to define poor white trash in the southeast.

Hillbilly has connotations to the Ozarks and Appalachian mountain chains.

The word civilized people use to describe people like Joel is dumbass.

Now back on topic.  Can you imagine the shit JRob would be taking right now if Weaver were a Dawg? 

7 minutes ago, bondra316v2 said:

Redneck is a term originally given to a group of West Virginia coal miners that were fighting to become unionized.  It was based on their wearing of red bandanas around their necks to show solidarity.  It has since morphed into a generalized term to define poor white trash in the southeast.

Hillbilly has connotations to the Ozarks and Appalachian mountain chains.

The word civilized people use to describe people like Joel is dumbass.

Now back on topic.  Can you imagine the shit JRob would be taking right now if Weaver were a Dawg? 

Oh I know. Joel doesn't understand nuance, geography or culture to understand etymology.

I was just making fun of some retard for adamantly arguing that rednecks aren't known to be from a specific region even when Merriam-Webster (a respected dictionary) literally says that it's clearly associated with Southerners.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Just now, BudsOilers said:

There's a connection between redneck and rural - farmer, laborer - that goes beyond just the South though.  There are rednecks all over the place - west, northeast, midwest, northwest.....

I'd never heard the WV striker story - I'd always heard it was because farmers or construction workers were outside all of the time and their necks were sunburned - i,e, red.....

This is the story I'm familiar with as well. Would make sense given the connotation. 

There's a connection between redneck and rural - farmer, laborer - that goes beyond just the South though.  There are rednecks all over the place - west, northeast, midwest, northwest.....

I'd never heard the WV striker story - I'd always heard it was because farmers or construction workers were outside all of the time and their necks were sunburned - i,e, red.....

It's both, goes back to Europe before the farmers here even, and there sure as shit are rednecks everywhere, But he was arguing "Redneck is not a term common to the south" when that's just straight up incorrect.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

It's both, goes back to Europe before the farmers here even, and there sure as shit are rednecks everywhere, But he was arguing "Redneck is not a term common to the south" when that's just straight up incorrect.

And I interpret that as redneck is not only relegated to southerners...which is correct albeit the vast majority of people associate redneck with southern people fair or not.

And I interpret that as redneck is not only relegated to southerners...which is correct albeit the vast majority of people associate redneck with southern people fair or not.

You're right in that I should have never assumed Joel knows nuance. But saying that "redneck is not a term common to the south" is just factually incorrect through and through.

It literally by definition generally refers to southerners.

8 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I don't expect this take to be popular but for anyone and especially famous people walking away is generally going to be the right choice unless you're defending yourself or someone else from someone who will attack them unless you intervene.

Just because some idiot threw a drink on you doesn't really mean you should clock them.

That is one scalding hot take. You mean to tell me that famous people should be even more careful than average Joe’s because they have more to lose? ?

Just now, MikeKeith2020 said:

That is one scalding hot take. You mean to tell me that famous people should be even more careful than average Joe’s because they have more to lose? ?

Thank god not your average Joel's.... if that was the bar we set ourselves at. Woof.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

This one I don't actually put on the FO as coming off as incompetent by not knowing about it earlier.

Fuck some idea that this team should have a P.I. for all the stuff not publicly known on every prospect they want.