Titans Hire Jim Schwartz as Senior Assistant

tgo

50 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The fans bashing Scwhartz when he first became DC were clueless idiots. That defense was totally decimated by injuries. When the defense was healthy and talented he was a very good DC. 

It wasn't much different than the clueless fans saying Mularkey was ruining Mariota. 

Typical idiot fans 

There was also a group of fans who claimed that he would be a better HC than DC. Ironically, that same thing was said about Vrabel.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well   It can only be a good thing imo

In Madden they don't have a senior assistant position.....

Posted Images

The 2007/2008 defense was good enough to where we could've won a title and most likely would've in 2008 if it wasn't for all the terrible turnovers we had in scoring territory against the Ravens in postseason. We would've taken care of Rapistberger and the Steelers the next week and of course we already beat them in the first matchup just a few weeks prior.

1620638629_Screenshot_2021-02-09TweetslikedbyTitansFanatic(titanfan8)Twitter(49).png.c0abe0e5a7715ae8202c0b6b9a463aab.png1191564418_Screenshot_2021-02-09TweetslikedbyTitansFanatic(titanfan8)Twitter(29).png.3cf7e7ae8a5ddc1cb8d21c55ac48a80a.png

1483722350_Screenshot_2021-02-09TweetslikedbyTitansFanatic(titanfan8)Twitter(51).png.8583359976a007695829a2aed081c2a9.png

Edited by MIKE75

I think this is an excellent hire. Schwartz can help Bowen utilize the talent he has on defense which should be better this year with the additions through free agency and the draft. If everything goes well defensively and Tannehill/Henry/Brown can keep the offense rolling like it has the past two years then we could have a pretty good team this season. I think the Autry/Dupree additions to the defense will be a big difference maker......

1 hour ago, tgo said:

It depends on how you define aggressive. If you consider aggressive to be blitzing a lot like Gregg Williams or Keith Butler then no he isn’t that. 

But when it comes to rushing the passer with 4, his wide 9 scheme is the most aggressive front scheme that exists. 

This is exactly right. If the one thing he accomplishes is getting rid of the mush rush bullshit on passing downs then the defense will immediately be much better off. 

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I actually don't mind the hire at all but its a little rich to hear fans think this proves the Titans plan to be more aggressive on defense. We roasted Scwartz for years for being too passive in his coverages. slide ruler Jim is back baby!

I don’t see anyone saying that. I do see people excited about the idea of actually letting our front four do their main job and get after the passer. It will lead to more draw plays/quick hitters inside and screens for big gains, but we sure as hell won’t have 17 (or whatever) sacks on the year if we institute some of his rush scheme. 

Also, Landry is perfect for a wide 9 scheme. I guarantee if he stays healthy and we institute the Wide 9 on a lot of passing downs he’ll have well over ten sacks. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t see anyone saying that. I do see people excited about the idea of actually letting our front four do their main job and get after the passer. It will lead to more draw plays/quick hitters inside and screens for big gains, but we sure as hell won’t have 17 (or whatever) sacks on the year if we institute some of his rush scheme. 

Also, Landry is perfect for a wide 9 scheme. I guarantee if he stays healthy and we institute the Wide 9 on a lot of passing downs he’ll have well over ten sacks. 

read the thread. @tgo and others specifically referenced this being a sign the defense will be more aggressive. at this point we have no idea whether Schwartz was brought on to implement the wide 9. I agree on landry, he is a perfect fit for the wide 9. I'm not sure Dupree is though...

44 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

People knocking this hire are crazy.  It's not like he's the HC or even DC.  He's got a ton of experience and has coached some really good defenses...we are fortunate to have him advise our defensive brain trust. 

And I agree,I posted earlier he should've been defensive coordinator this coming season,

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

read the thread. @tgo and others specifically referenced this being a sign the defense will be more aggressive. at this point we have no idea whether Schwartz was brought on to implement the wide 9. I agree on landry, he is a perfect fit for the wide 9. I'm not sure Dupree is though...

I don't think it's necessarily about the wide 9, but moreso about specific rush packages but all we can do is speculate. And Schwartz is a statistical savant and can make strategic recommendations about play calling on pass plays, etc. 

It sounds like he's only doing consulting a few days a week at this point, so I think his impact will be moreso tinkering and making recommendations than actual day-to-day coaching.