Week 12: Titans @ Colts Game Thread

TitansGuru

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Down year for him. Could be over-compensating for the corners and not playing in his element. Also the coaching/scheme changes could be having an affect. Or maybe he's just out of sorts with the intensive covid protocols/lack of an offseason/virtual environment as more of an old school guy. 

We certainly can't give up on him or say he wasn't worth the contract quite yet just because of a down year. I'm anxious to see how he performs next year. 

That’s fair and agreed. I would just like to see him make more of an effort to pop someone prior to them running over him into the end zone. That’s individual effort I haven’t seen this season versus others. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally collected them all. LFG.

I'm really hopeful they cut Humphries and keep Davis with the lower salary cap next year.

Posted Images

Just now, tgo said:

I see no way that Butler is retained. It is near impossible to accommodate a restructure of that magnitude and it would be very unwise to push all that money out for a 31 year old corner. 

You aren’t restructuring the contract. You’re asking him to take a pay cut. On the FA market with the way it’s set next year players are not going to get big deals. He’s worth more to us than other teams, and it’s also worth more to him to get guaranteed money. Look at what Logan Ryan accepted...and then think of next year’s FA. He could take a solid cut of around 8 million just to stay on the team and not face FA

Like I said, I don’t see it working out, but there’s no way we don’t try like we did with Casey. We straight up traded him to dump his cap. 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I don't know about all that!

May be a tad bit overzealous. but point being that repeatedly we have seen Hooker attack the ball or WR several times throughout the season. We are rarely seeing plays like that out of Byard this season. Now is that because he is playing out of position? Quite possibly so, but the excuse of he is covering up for other DB's now is over. Butler/King/Borders are playing well and settled in now. Maybe its the LB's now? Idk, just seems like something is off. Maybe it is coaching/scheme, maybe its an injury, or maybe just losing a little bit of that drive for the game with his family starting. I have seen that in professional athletes, where after their kids are born they lose some of that love for the game because that love and time is now devotes to the children (rightly so). An All-Pro safety doesn't become bad overnight like that unless there is something else going on.

1 hour ago, HollyHeap said:

Once again, this place finds a new low.  Joking about some poor guy with cancer is SICK!  Last week we had posters calling for someone to be raped and murdered!  The people on here should be ashamed!  ?

You right, you all should be ashamed to call your selfs Titans fans ,you all should not even be able to be Titans fans 

17 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Any bets on how old this new guy who cares so much about Rigoberto Sanchez is?  And whether or not English is even his first language?

And FYI, HollyHeap wasn't being serious and was being sarcastic.

You shoulda gave him the FYI that Holly Heap is a running joke about Todd Heaps run over dead daughter

David Long Jr, Amani Hooker & Nate Davis have been three outstanding draft picks by JRob & co. 

Nate Davis is trending into elite RG territory, Long has been nothing short of spectacular since he got his feet wet stonewalling Lamar Jackson on 4th downs in a road playoff game and is looking like it isn't a fluke

Hooker has been our best safety this year and has such amazing coverage instincts. He's surpassed Vaccaro already

This team is just so fundamentally sound up and down the roster it gives me confidence against any team in the league (when they choose to play up to their ability)

Shout out to Breon Borders as well. Malcolm Butler too who lines up against #1s every single week and does a solid job even though it should be Adoree Jackson's duty and he would be playing even better against #2's.

The secondary has looked infinitely better since Chris Jackson / Jonathan Joseph / Ty Smith... etc types have stopped seeing snaps. 

The TE group also has been so fun to watch. Guys like Geoff Swaim coming in and contributing. But on any given week it could be Jonnu breaking YAC'ing it up, or Asap Firk breaking ankles route running, or Mycole Pruitt making possession catches for crucial 1st downs.

And this team is missing their 'star' pass rusher, #1 LT, #3 WR, starting MLB, #1 CB. The battling of adversity has been great.

An elite coordinator would take this group to the next level, but we'll have to deal with Vrabes and co.

It's us and KC at the top of the AFC come playoff time. I can't wait for the rematch in January

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There are some real Baldy gems in here. My personal favorite was his shout out to Jonnu playing in front of 8 fans with the FIU Panthers. Also, FIU produced both Jonnue and Teair Tart? Freak U!!!

I'm loving the attention Nate Davis is getting. But does he really warrant Pro Bowl consideration over Saffold? Saffold absolutely demolished Darius Leonard downfield in one of the first couple plays in this orgasmic OL montage.

Watching that blocking breakdown from Baldy you see just how important Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis are to the run game, time after time its their blocking ability on the edges that leads to much longer runs than should of played out.

Not retaining both these guys would lead to a fraying of the effectiveness of the run game.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

4 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

There are some real Baldy gems in here. My personal favorite was his shout out to Jonnu playing in front of 8 fans with the FIU Panthers. Also, FIU produced both Jonnue and Teair Tart? Freak U!!!

I'm loving the attention Nate Davis is getting. But does he really warrant Pro Bowl consideration over Saffold? Saffold absolutely demolished Darius Leonard downfield in one of the first couple plays in this orgasmic OL montage.

After the Bengals game there were quite a few NFL analysts calling Saffold the best LG in the NFL, Davis just keeps getting better and better week after week.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic