Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

29 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

You need validation from Japan? How sad for you.  The keys to beating most teams are keeping their offenses off the field. What rock have you been living under? 

Joel, did you finally figure out why that ‘machine’ of yours was so far behind the draft? 

Simple Jake, Joel and Tolar: The Axis of Stupidity

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You can win that way.  But the margin for error is a lot slimmer.

Ryan Tannehill is capable of carrying an offense.

What is funny is that we did it last year without a FG kicker.  You would think we would need a good kicker if the margin of error was so slim.

Edited by japan

2 minutes ago, japan said:

Joel, did you finally figure out why that ‘machine’ of yours was so far behind the draft? 

Simple Jake, Joel and Tolar: The Axis of Stupidity

Not surprisingly, all 3 are supporters of the current president.  Actually Tolar never confirmed that but judging by his posts he's almost definitely a supporter.

Just now, japan said:

What is funny is that we did it last year with a FG kicker.  You would think we would need a good kicker if the margin of error was so slim.

Last year was definitely an outlier.

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

He runs a 5.2 40. He was a wrestler. He's a mauler.  He's a great pick.

I just said I liked the pick. The fact is there have been zero OL taken in the first round who ran over an 8 second 3 cone and over a 5 second shuttle. Wilson is the first. 

Edited by IrishTitansFan

2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Agreed, he looks way more agile than his numbers on tape too. It proves that Robinson does not care at all about combine numbers

It is almost like analysis of college game film play is a more reliable predictor of NFL game play quality than numbers generated while running lots of drills in shorts.

Humm...

14 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Not trying to be a negative dick here. Nate Davis had a 40 ranking from football focus as a rookie last year. He gave up 7 sacks in 724 snaps. While we expect some improvement with Nate from his rookie campaign that could be a real cluster fuck on that right side pertaining to pass protection. Conklin only gave up 4 sacks in over 900 snaps and had a 77 ranking. Mitchell Schwartz of the chiefs did not give up one sack at RT for the Chiefs. 

I don't like the trade off here. 

Davis dramatically improved over the course of the season.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic