Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

7 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Daniel Jeremiah said 2/3 weeks ago that Wilson was definitely going to be a 1st rounder. NFL.com scouting report had him as a 1st rounder. He was always likely to go in the late 1st the longer the process went on

Ya I dont think you get what Im saying. Just because he had him mocked to the 1st doesnt mean they actually believed he belonged to go there. Hence the meaning of the media not liking Wilson being drafted in the 1st.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Remember when we took Chance Warmak at #10?  That should make everyone feel better about this pick....LOL

Awful comparison.  And this guy was taken at #29 not #10.

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Ya I dont think you get what Im saying. Just because he had him mocked to the 1st doesnt mean they actually believed he belonged to go there. Hence the meaning of the media not liking Wilson being drafted in the 1st.

I get you now. It should ease peoples minds that scouts had him as a 1st rounder rather than media people

12 hours ago, scine09 said:

I still feel like with the way the Titans have gone about their offseason that they're trying to play a game that is not the best way to win in today's NFL.  It's the same old same old with them.

We have the weapons on offense to be more than just a run the ball down your throat team.  I will wait to see how it grows during the season.  Tannehill with a  full season should help...he took over a team that was basically on the ropes with little room for error and Henry started dominating.

But a QB that is throwing the ball 15 times in a playoff game while the defense is outscoring the offense in the second half is concerning to me also.

This could be a good topic to get into after draft is complete.

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

We have the weapons on offense to be more than just a run the ball down your throat team.  I will wait to see how it grows during the season.  Tannehill with a  full season should help...he took over a team that was basically on the ropes with little room for error and Henry started dominating.

But a QB that is throwing the ball 15 times in a playoff game while the defense is outscoring the offense in the second half is concerning to me also.

This could be a good topic to get into after draft is complete.

I think it’s been a topic for a long time.  Pretty much a common theme with the franchise dating back to before they were even in Tennessee.

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

You have connections to scouts?

Lol

The Titans have scouts right? And they obviously rated him in the first round right?

Do you think some morons from amateur sites know more about scouting NFL players than the Titans scouts?

And the point is that guys from the league were telling some of the draft analysts that Wilson was likely to go in the first round, which they subsequently reported. 

And who cares what others think or had him rated, he us a titan now.  So let’s get ready for today’s draft and be excited for the players we get today. On another note, don’t you think if there was someone else JRob wanted and thought he could get don’t you think he would have pulled the trigger on it. Think back, Evans, Landry, Conklin, etc. . This was the player they had their eye on if could not make a trade up or back. 

40 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol

The Titans have scouts right? And they obviously rated him in the first round right?

Do you think some morons from amateur sites know more about scouting NFL players than the Titans scouts?

And the point is that guys from the league were telling some of the draft analysts that Wilson was likely to go in the first round, which they subsequently reported. 

Do you think Wilson had a 1st round grade by scouts? I dont.  There is a reason he was on the board at 29

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Just now, CaliTitan3518 said:

Do you think Wilson had a 1st round grade by scouts? I dont.  There is a reason he was on the board at 29

OBVIOUSLY. 

Thus him going in the first round. 

The reasons he went later are well documented. He's a better fit for our scheme than other schemes and needs some technique development in pass pro. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

OBVIOUSLY. 

Thus him going in the first round. 

The reasons he went later are well documented. He's a better fit for our scheme than other schemes and needs some technique development in pass pro. 

Got it so you have to have a 1st round grade to go in the 1st round. Interesting.

Ive always heard from former personnel and scout people say that draft classes typically dont have enough 1st round grades to come close to filling out the whole round.

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Got it so you have to have a 1st round grade to go in the 1st round. Interesting.

Ive always heard from former personnel and scout people say that draft classes typically dont have enough 1st round grades to come close to filling out the whole round.

Right.  So if Wilson is the highest rated one on their board at the time and fits the need and they couldn't trade out, what is your issue with them taking him?

• Jonboy unpinned this topic