Titans Trade Casey

tgo

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He did fine building the team. His issue was keeping it together. 

His issue was he stuck with older declining players and players at non crucial positions. Paying big money to Wycheck, Matthews, Piller, Sanders, Hentrich, NOD. Bruce Matthews was like 37 when he signed a 4 year deal, Wycheck was close to done on his last deal. 

Thigpen was injured when he signed him

He put himself in a corner to the point of Rolle, Mason etc.... holding him hostage in their primes

He accidently guaranteed the RFA tenders of Aric Morris and two other scrubs

Terrible job maintaining the roster once they became a SB contender

Seriously? That's not bad decision making, that's just straight up incompetence.

But bad decision making did become commonplace for him. All those wasted draft picks/free agent signings on bums at WR. He hit on maybe two receivers his entire time here, Mason and Bennett. Mason was pure luck and Bennett was little more than a flash in the pan.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patriot way. Get rid of players a year early rather than a year late. I would have expected a better pick though, maybe a 3rd or 4th. a 7th is kind of insulting.

Wow I’m actually sad to see him go. One of my favorite players. Always gave full effort even when we were the worst team in the league.    I’ll never forget him chasing down a WR (TE?) from beh

Lot of cap ignorance in this thread....

Posted Images

3 hours ago, nine said:

I seem to recall either Reese or Fisher laying it out in an interview a couple years ago:    Both Reese and Fisher wanted Cutler.   Chow was banging the table for Leinart.   

But of course, Bud trumped them all.

Does it matter since all of them were dead ends? Cutler mighthave been the best but none of them were worth shit when you look into it.

• 2 months later...

PR spin. He knows how fans reacted to his being traded so he's playing to that.

Seems like there might be something else to this. The only thing I can think of might be related to DMorgan's wife's veganism. Didn't Casey buy into that heavily? Maybe he was pushing that hard behind the scenes, to the point where there was conflict with the team and its sports doctors/nutritionists?

It's as simple as Simmons replaces Casey's role in the D and that Casey already had started to decline some.  Better to get out too early than too late. 

I'm sure it sucks for Casey but guys like him and Walker unfortunately wasted their primes on bad teams.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

PR spin. He knows how fans reacted to his being traded so he's playing to that.

Seems like there might be something else to this. The only thing I can think of might be related to DMorgan's wife's veganism. Didn't Casey buy into that heavily? Maybe he was pushing that hard behind the scenes, to the point where there was conflict with the team and its sports doctors/nutritionists?

How many of the vegans are left?

It's almost like.. being vegan was good for healing and inflammation but after the first year all the players suffered.

Hmm... if only like a shit ton of people had said this might happen.

There could be no bigger Jurrell Casey fan than me, but the team made the right move. His production was going in one direction and his dollar amount in the other and it was not going to be good for us. I will miss Casey, but I would rather have his money to use now or later versus a sunken cost.

team did what they thought was right and I got no problem with it...not like he was an unpaid intern...he got bank.

but why not just call the dude and be up front with him.  Seems like that is what he was bitching about but then again who knows...he probably still would have found a reason to be pissed off.

I never really know which way to lean on these things....I just wish I had problems like that.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Unless we get Clowney, this was a mistake. We had cap space and still could use the depth/leadership. He also came on strong at the end of the year.

This is how I feel. Imo the casey trade was only made to make room for Clowney. I don’t think JROB expected this to go on this long and not getting Clowney is a big L