Jonboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

To me this sounds like Vrabel giving Bowen a go at DC with Vrabel taking the blame if it goes south.  Maybe Vrabel has questions regarding Bowen being ready for the big position but wants to give him

Could simply be a way to hold on to his coordinator for an additional year.  This way, if Bowen does well he can be promoted to DC and is less likely to be hired away after 1 successful season.  

I mentioned this the other day. It’s been said Bowen was learning from Pees but no one mentioned Vrabel learning from him. 

It also would give Smith full reigns of the offense since Vrabel will have his hands full and won’t be able to chime in on what he wants done offensively during the game 

23 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The Titans had a great season, and seem to be losing a lot of coaches on the defensive side of the ball.  I have to wonder what is going on with the staff.  I think the hardest part of winning long term is replacing good coaches.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Belichick has not formally had a DC at times FWIW.

As for the offense, the idea that the OC is going to have complete autonomy over it without any direction from the HC is laughably stupid.  

Vrabel beat Bill Belichick his first year as a HC.  His 2nd year, Vrabel beat BB in Foxboro in a playoff game.  So, if BB can, so can...  I'm having trouble saying that last part.

Well Pees has been trying to retire for 3 years and  Coombs left for a DC position.  I don’t know if that signals anything going on.  McKenzie may have been promised to get a look at DC in Detroit.  I don’t think there is anything to panic about.

8 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Well Pees has been trying to retire for 3 years and  Coombs left for a DC position.  I don’t know if that signals anything going on.  McKenzie may have been promised to get a look at DC in Detroit.  I don’t think there is anything to panic about.

I think Vrabel is a real good coach.  He gets his team ready to win every week, no matter how the odds look.  He's still learning to be a head coach.  He can do better.  Seems like too much responsibility too soon.  Plus, he didn't get great reviews for the job he did in Houston, even though the team was missing some players.

Just because he doesn’t hire a defensive coordinator doesn’t mean that he’s going to be the defense of play caller.....

Patricia called the defense in New England for four years before he got promoted the defensive coordinator… New England didn’t have a defensive coordinator this year either…

As usual, folks are jumping to narratives