Ian Rapoport hints that Derrick Henry deal hinges on Ryan Tannehill

Guts

38 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Amazing that me the Bama guy is the only one who is logical regarding Henry. 

Elliott got a 6 year $90M deal but he does not turn 25 until July. Henry is already 26. Interesting there is a year and a half age difference between 2 guys who graduated high school the same year and were drafted the same year. 

Remember also that Henry averaged 349 carries a season in high school. He had 462 carries as a senior! 

I've never really seen HS usage being cited much when talking about a RB's longevity. Is that overly unusual for a dominant RB on a team that probably didn't have much else similar talent to rely on? does it actually correlate with how much NFL a RB can take?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I definitely wouldn't use the franchise tag on Henry.     Either give him a long-term extension up front.....or use the transition tag, let him find the best offer available and match it.  

you appear to be new here so let me help you out. Half the board has rolltide on ignore. Now you know why.

Would send a really horrible message to the locker room if they tagged Henry, also there is a 100% chance Henry holds out if tagged, this will be his one and only chance to cash in during his NFL care

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Conklin can be a pro bowl caliber guy for the next 7-8 years. He is also insurance if we lose Lewan after 2023 because he can play LT. I would offer Conklin a 7 year deal. 

There is zero chance Conklin can be a LT. He's terrible in pass protection and consistently needs a lot of help -- when he doesn't get it, he's burned badly. 

Conklin is a road grading RT, and not even a dominant one at that. I think he's a worse version of David Stewart. He does fit the system with Henry as lead back, and Conklin works well in unison with the rest of the line. 

8 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Amazing that me the Bama guy is the only one who is logical regarding Henry. 

Elliott got a 6 year $90M deal but he does not turn 25 until July. Henry is already 26. Interesting there is a year and a half age difference between 2 guys who graduated high school the same year and were drafted the same year. 

Remember also that Henry averaged 349 carries a season in high school. He had 462 carries as a senior! 

He was also going up against 130 lb DL in HS. Those carries might as well have been against air. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:19 AM, oldschool said:

Franchising Henry sounds like a horrible idea. 

Transition tag lets us make him an offer after he tests the market. It seems to me that would be a good option. That would pay him $10,000-$12,000 for next year and we’d get another year out of him. I’m sure he probably wouldn’t be very happy about it though.

Save the franchise tag as a back up

plan if they can’t agree on a long term deal with Tannehill. Franchise rage would be around $25,000 for Tannehill.

Tannehill is not some great QB --- would be nice to sign him to a moderate contract. Henry got a lot of carries this year --- I'd try to sign him to a 3-4 year deal or franchise him for 1 year. Personally, I've been really impressed with the Memphis running back Gibson this year + at Senior Bowl. Seems like a nice contrast backup to Henry and an interesting 3rd down back. I would guess Gibson's a third-fourth round guy. Was interesting that Scott Wright has him listed as the #18 WR 6'06" 221 4.48/40 that surprised me.

35 minutes ago, big2033 said:

He’s not some great QB. It would be nice to sign him to a moderate contract. What’s the problem lol? 

Before is was FMV, now it's a moderate contract?  What's your alternative if we can't get a moderate contract? Your willing to pay a premium for a "not so great Quarterback"? So the dance begins...

Edited by Big2033MariotaLover

2 hours ago, Big2033MariotaLover said:

Before is was FMV, now it's a moderate contract?  What's your alternative if we can't get a moderate contract? Your willing to pay a premium for a "not so great Quarterback"? So the dance begins...

I'm not going to tell you my alternative because you will just attack him.  Rinse and repeat...……...

If we sign tannehill to a deal making him our QB of the foreseeable future I've come to the conclusion just let Henry walk.

Invest as little as possible in the offense.  We have weapons...use em and get an o-line that can pass block and throw the ball.

Invest as much as you can in the defense...we got a defensive minded coach so go that route...and quit with the ground and pound shit.