Vrabel: No QB Change Right Now

Jonboy

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Man you really turned on the guy.

This is one of the big reasons I want him to succeed aside from the obvious reasons.  This board just hates the guy.  It's become irrational IMO.

Some of it is irrational.  Like a couple posters complaining when he didn't throw it away and took a sack on 4th down.  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's look on the bright side...the longer he plays, the better draft pick we're going to have.   That's all I got.

My suggestion 

For a healthy, 5th year QB taken #2 overall, it's god damn ridiculous.  Competent QB play in the last two weeks and this team is 3-0.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Man you really turned on the guy.

This is one of the big reasons I want him to succeed aside from the obvious reasons.  This board just hates the guy.  It's become irrational IMO.

Because we’re tired of losing... the excuses are nullshit. Locker, young, Mariota, it’s pathetic. We keep drafting mental cases. Draft somebody like Mayfield’s bravado, Mahomes arm and Lamar’s speed. 

1 minute ago, Little Earl said:

Some of it is irrational.  Like a couple posters complaining when he didn't throw it away and took a sack on 4th down.  

Most of it is irrational IMO.  Some of the things being said...  I've been telling people that I've never seen an athlete get crucified by fans like this.  

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Nope. In my eyes this was always leaning towards a long haul. Hence my offseason annoyance.

It's going to take a lot because everything you guys loved Mariota for, he's being given a long leash as a result.

The locker room loves him. Fans loved him. Coaches like him. So if they're going to close the door when he absolutely crashes and burns.

The Tennessee Titans made him the franchise QB even though he hasn't played like one. So he gets the Eli Manning treatment (Manning had a whole extra season)

Manning just got benched this week despite not being that bad... Offensive Coaches are more apt to change QBs when things aren't working. Its obvious Mariota is done; rip the bandaid and move on. Not doing so is disservice.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Most of it is irrational IMO.  Some of the things being said...  I've been telling people that I've never seen an athlete get crucified by fans like this.  

Come on. This is nothing. The media still coddles him and he still has all kinds of fans on twitter and reddit defending him. If he were in a big media market it would be way worse.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Manning just got benched this week despite not being that bad... Offensive Coaches are more apt to change QBs when things aren't working. Its obvious Mariota is done; rip the bandaid and move on. Not doing so is disservice.

Eli had a whole season of shit and they drafted his obvious successor. It's different. Manning actually had a much longer leash than Mariota will likely get.

If we drafted our new QBoTF this offseason we would pull the trigger quicker because we have a new face. Right now, we would literally be getting rid of the face of our franchise with no replacement.

Edited by big2033

21 minutes ago, oldschool said:

What? Mariota is done. Going to Tannehill is a move to see if he can be better than Mariota this year and help the team win now. No one thinks Tannehill is going to replace Mariota long term. Not sure why I have to keep saying it...

Tanny was trash in Miami.  Even if he out performs Mariota it pushes our draft pick back.  Your better to ride Mariota out.

15 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

13 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You're right asking a running QB to throw it away is irrational. He should be doing what Watson, Mahomes or Wilson would do. Extend the play and make the defense pay.

Instead our QB has to act like Kerry Collins. Which I always thought was stupid.

Edited by big2033

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Come on. This is nothing. The media still coddles him and he still has all kinds of fans on twitter and reddit defending him. If he were in a big media market it would be way worse.

It's this board mostly.  I've never seen a group of fans turn on a guy who hasn't broken the law like this and I've been following sports most of my life.  

18 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yet still better than Mariota. 

Didn't realize we should be playing for a playoff spot in week 4. 

Better to ride out a player we know won't be back. I don't think so. 

Tanny has had 1 winning season his entire career. Acting like he's going to make a deep playoff run is silly. Would you rather get the QB of the future for a decade + next year or playoffs this year.  No certainty Tanny is back next year either, so...

Edited by Tomachek

39 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Tanny isn't that much better than Mariota, I don't know why people seem to think he is.  Neither are long-term solutions, so let Mariota build his case to not re-sign him.

Prior to the season, everyone would have agreed with you.  But now he's being outplayed by QBs whose respective teams had no intention of playing.  

during RT's previous two seasons, Miami won 80% of the games in which the team held the opponent to 25 or less and had very good numbers .  We can win with that.  We had a slightly lower winning % with Marita in the same scenarios.  His numbers still sucked, but the offense at least did enough to get us to the finish.  Now he can't do anything.