Vrabel named Titans HC

socaltitan

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Only interviewed 3. Vrabel must have been the guy all along.    Lets see who he picks as coordinators.

One of the funniest tweets from Vrabel's Houston days.    

@tgo  

Posted Images

On 2018-01-26 at 9:52 PM, Rogue said:

I do get it.  Numbers are numbers.  But they don't always align with reality.  Example?  Hillary.  

Tom Brady doesn't run numbers in his head on a play.  Sure, to some degree he's looking at what the defense is doing and analyzing the numbers.  But what happens after that is pure instinct, and his instincts are top notch.  

I'll give you that coaching is different than what happens on the field, but never the less, if a coaches instincts are right and not in line with the numbers, times are good.  If not, well, not so much.  

Time will tell.  

What are you talking about lol? Pretty sure all polling were well within standard deviation. Just because polling was very heavy Clinton, they didn't state she was 100 percent.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, big2033 said:

I could be wrong but think about it.

1. An LA Times reporter has stated that Lafleur was connected to Vrabel as an OC.

2. We only interview 3 candidates: Vrabel's potential OC and a black guy to fulfill the Rooney Rule.

Seems like the fix was in.

I mean ... I changed my stance after the report of him staying in L.A. but ... I'll pat myself on the back anyway.

:4_joy:

Edited by big2033

• Jonboy unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...

Top 5 JR moves:

5. Drafting Byard

4.Drafting Henry

3.Drafting Simmons

2. Trading for Tannehill

1.Hiring Vrabel

Tossup between 1 and 2 for me, but hiring Vrabel is proving to a genius move. Haven't gone back to look at the thread yet, but I bet there's some "smart" takes when this hire was made.

The parallels are interesting. DET and Bob Quinn chose to hire Matt Patricia. JR hires Vrabel. DET let go of Jim Caldwell who no one really wanted. TEN moves on from Mularkey who no one really wanted. One franchise has gone in the completely wrong direction and the other is a contender. Vrabel and JR look primed to be here a long time. Quinn and Patricia are likely goners.

Edited by socaltitan

On 1/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, OILERMAN said:

I think it's possible the staff was already in place before Mularkey was even fired. 

Interview Vrabel, fulfill the Rooney rule and interview the OC.... then in the presser Robinson states that LeBeau is already back to work!

Obviously I hate the fact they are keeping DL, as for Vrabel, OK, fine by me. Robinson is in complete control and he'll get the glory or the blame. 

Best move was getting rid of LeBeau, right @tgo!

4 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Top 5 JR moves:

5. Drafting Byard

4.Drafting Henry

3.Drafting Simmons

2. Trading for Tannehill

1.Hiring Vrabel

Tossup between 1 and 2 for me, but hiring Vrabel is proving to a genius move. Haven't gone back to look at the thread yet, but I bet there's some "smart" takes when this hire was made.

The parallels are interesting. DET and Bob Quinn chose to hire Matt Patricia. JR hires Vrabel. DET let go of Jim Caldwell who no one really wanted. TEN moves on from Mularkey who no one really wanted. One franchise has gone in the completely wrong direction and the other is a contender. Vrabel and JR look primed to be here a long time. Quinn and Patricia are likely goners.

I've been pondering Patricia the last few days as a possible DC for next year.  Pat was what the LB and safety coach for Pees at NE before taking over.  Trying to think of someone MV would work with and trust.

Just now, Titan8425 said:

I've been pondering Patricia the last few days as a possible DC for next year.  Pat was what the LB and safety coach for Pees at NE before taking over.  Trying to think of someone MV would work with and trust.

I don't want Patricia anywhere near this team

I was not a fan of the Vrabel hire for a few reasons 1. not enough experience 2. I prefer offensive minded coaches with the way the game is played now

Obviously Jrob knew what he was doing hiring Vrabel. The most impressive thing about Vrabel so far is his game management. A close second is how adaptable he has become, especially this year as the Offense continues to open up. He's a great coach and I couldn't be more happy to be wrong about the hire a few years ago.