Vrabel named Titans HC

socaltitan

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Only interviewed 3. Vrabel must have been the guy all along.    Lets see who he picks as coordinators.

One of the funniest tweets from Vrabel's Houston days.    

@tgo  

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Blah

"Doesn't matter if he knows X's and O's, just needs to be a good CEO type." 

Fair, but it sure as shit wouldn't hurt if he did. 

Now we'll probably get some hot shot OC who will be out the door after a season or 2 of success and we'll continue this revolving door routine at the position. 

4 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

Now we'll probably get some hot shot OC who will be out the door after a season or 2 of success and we'll continue this revolving door routine at the position. 

Knowing and teaching are dissimilar things. I can only assume he got better at teaching but... blah.

3 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

Offensive coordinator isn't meant to be a permanent position. Some coaches may be content being coordinators, but many use that as a stepping stone to becoming head coaches.

8 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Knowing and teaching are dissimilar things. I can only assume he got better at teaching but... blah.

Time passed and experience gained shouldn't immediately draw a blah as though it was but a year ago.

Edited by TheBukafax

5 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

image.png.d4c1ffb6eb9dce9c98aa5c7dd32dfb51.pngPlus his wife is super hot ! Cleavage too !

From what we hear about Vrable, he already knows you posted this, he knows who you are and where you live, and he’s coming over to your house at 2am to beat you death with your own leg. 

That’s preparation. 

Listen none of us know Vrabel. All we are doing is speculating if he will be a good hire or not.

What is encouraging that multiple people in the media or otherwise involved in the NFL who do know him speak very highly of him. That gives me encouragement about this hire. So many people have come out and said this hire was a homerun.

They could all be wrong but atleast they know him and have interacted with him. Unlike all of us in this message board who are just speculating. 

5 minutes ago, Carpy said:

There are worse outcomes than having to hire a new OC because of our success.  Sign me up for the success and I can worry about who our next OC is later.

Success in this case would be strictly measured by offensive performance. Doesn't automatically mean we had a great year as a team. 

I understand losing coordinators is part of the game, but it's not beneficial to our QB to keep going thru this. If we had a HC that specialized on that side of the ball it would significantly lessen the blow. If hiring great coordinators all the time and just plugging them in were easy to do we would've been able to do it by now. It's a real concern as far as Mariota goes. 

9 minutes ago, Carpy said:

There are worse outcomes than having to hire a new OC because of our success.  Sign me up for the success and I can worry about who our next OC is later.

Big difference between replacing an entire staff and bringing in a whole new system, then replacing a successful coordinator who leaves and promoting someone or bringing an outside person to run the current system; besides no successful offensive system is stagnant, they're constantly evolving if they want to remain successful.

Wondering if they announced the Vrabel hire today, to keep AZ from poaching a possible coordinator prospect while we waited to interview staff on playoff teams.

Think vrabel was JRob guy from get to. And seems like this has been brewing for a while. I think the timing is to get to hire staff and the senior bowl game is next week. If you know who you want and found your guy why wait. We have to trust JRob. Plus it’s not Mularkey. I firmly believe Vrabel wants to win. He won’t be stuck to a system that fails. It’s about winning with him. Whatever it takes. That’s a new concept in Titan land. 

6 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Wow. Only interviewed 3. Vrabel must have been the guy all along. 

Lets see who he picks as coordinators.

JRob already had his guy before Mularkey was fired.  I am betting most of his coaches have been picked as well.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic