My Targets/Predictions

tgo

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to write a dissertation here, but here are my predictions on who they will pursue as far as free agent targets based on connections and Carthon/Brinker's buy-low M.O. They're going to pu

@tgo how hard did your nips get when you read this???     You two can start a podcast together..."Between the Sheets"  should work.

Byard isn't that good anymore. He had a massive drop off. So many good young Safeties available, he might get a reduced contract with someone but it won't be the Titans. 

Posted Images

That list of targets would be pretty pricey if we actually got all of them. Maybe Ridley can be had at a slight discount. I wouldn’t spend too much on Gibson either. Might be able to get Swift, Singletary, or Dobbins for the same price. If you’re willing to spend a little more we could probably get ekeler as a mentor/split back for a few million more. 

I also think the jets will throw pretty good money at Huff since they’re all in for this year. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Thrill said:

That list of targets would be pretty pricey if we actually got all of them. Maybe Ridley can be had at a slight discount. I wouldn’t spend too much on Gibson either. Might be able to get Swift, Singletary, or Dobbins for the same price. If you’re willing to spend a little more we could probably get ekeler as a mentor/split back for a few million more. 

I also think the jets will throw pretty good money at Huff since they’re all in for this year. 

Some of them would be pricey, yeah, but you're not gonna pay the same for a Jonah Williams as you would for a Mike Onwenu, for example. Or as much for Andre James as you would for Cushenberry; Ridley vs Mike Evans or Mike Williams, etc.

Gibson should pretty cheap with all the backs available and offers a unique skillset as a true route runner. I think Ekeler is close to done personally, but that's just me.

Edited by tgo

Still feel like we won't spend nearly that much.  The continued talk about building for long term success and needing to be disciplined when spending.  I get the idea ran probably wants to go into the season with around 35-40 mill or so and have significant rollover to next year's cap.  

I’d wait on RB there are way too many good rb vs teams that need them.  You can probably go into wave 2 and later and still probably get a good one.  

on the vet S,  Maye seems like he’s declining and Gipson (Tashaun) seems like he’s retiring or close to it.  I’d avoid those two and sign one of the younger ones.

I also could see them signing another WR in wave 2 or 3.

You need to put in a returner in the signings as well.