Schefter according to sources "the situation in Tennessee currently is not settled"

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Vrabel's entire reputation is a sham. He was labeled Bill Belichich before he ever coached a single down.   I posted at the time of the introductory press conference how cringey it was.

Now this is interesting   If Vrabel ain’t happy he is more than welcome to leave

I give more credibility to Schefter than the puff pieces by Russini and T. Walker.

What cannot happen with Vrabel in order for the Titans NOT to receive compensation... if somebody wants him?

Can we trade him if we "fire" him... or "relieve him of duties"? What are the technical distinctions of each?

In either circumstance, won't he still be under contract so is that the key element that warrants compensation if somebody wants him?

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Football gods do us a solid. We aren't even asking for a Super Bowl. We are asking for a coach that understands the current dynamics of football and how to try and protect the QB. 

If the Titans actually get draft compensation for getting rid of an offensive minded buffoon it will be a gift from the Football Gods

Something I forgot to add in my rant.

Vrabel has continually gotten away with the offensive problems not being his fault.

LaFluer, Downing and Kelly are to blame, Robinson left him devoid of talent. While these things have some truth to them it totally covers for Vrabel who meddles and imposes his offensive belief, which is faulty overall and near impossible to win a SB with.

Just think, in +or- 30 hours the organization moves forward into the modern offense era of the NFL and prepares to build a team to go along with a shiny new stadium to hopefully time the organization’s first SB win ala Rams or

Vrabel stays another year.

5 minutes ago, FRT said:

Just think, in +or- 30 hours the organization moves forward into the modern offense era of the NFL and prepares to build a team to go along with a shiny new stadium to hopefully time the organization’s first SB win ala Rams or

Vrabel stays another year.

Sadly I think it may hinge on how we perform today. We can only hope Tannehill sticks with his current .2 TDs per game. 

I think if a trade happens we need to reset expectations on compensation.

Vrabel is not a Super Bowl winning coach like Payton, Gruden, Parcells or Holmgren.  Holmgren was two years off winning the Super Bowl and had never had a losing record and was traded from Green Bay to Seattle for a 2nd round pick.

Herm Edwards may be closest comparison. He had four pretty good seasons with the Jets and then a 4-12 season.  Jets traded him to KC for a 4th round pick.  That would be about the ceiling on Vrabel I reckon.

If the Titans plan is to fire him, which I still don't think is the case, and he decides he wants to leave they can literally get the Mr. Irrelevant pick and it'll be fine.  Any draft pick they get for him is gravy.  Even if it's a swap in the 7th round.  Also, it means they wouldn't have to pay two coaches at the same time.

I think people are going to have to get used to the fact that this season is going to be written off by ownership as one that was what it was because of the guy they fired last year.  Right or wrong, I think they'll make another go of it.  The hope is that somehow someone can convince him that his way just isn't working and can't work without elite o-line play.  Almost every team seemingly is doing it one way, he's trying to do it another way, and his way just isn't working.

My biggest fear with Vrabel is he won't listen to anyone.  And it'll be run back next year and we'll continue to see a run every first or second down until the game is at a point where you can't run the ball anymore.

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Once again when was the last HC that was traded to a destination against his wishes.

Irrelevant. Players are rarely traded to teams they don't want to go to either. Doesn't mean it can't happen. Teams usually don't want to trade for anyone who doesn't want to be there. It's why a lot of times teams will even let a player's agent look around if they know they're looking to trade them.

And you know this is true. You're just being intentionally myopic to try and win an argument. 

Edited by reo