OTA's and Mini Camp Discussion

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Once Carthon missed out on the top 3 QB's he really should of punted the QBOTF search into next offseason and not of settled with Levis.

In the very early portion of the offseason program all the known flaws in Levis' game such as accuracy, decision making and to a lesser extent pocket awareness (given there is no real pass rush right now) are all regularly on display.

The big unknown for Levis is there going to be enough improvement over the next 9 months for this team to feel comfortable installing him as QB1 next offseason.

Only QB I would want would of been Stroud. Bryce is way too small and AR is even more raw than Willis and accuracy could possibly be worse. Tbh if we stayed with our pick it would of been nice to get a good WR and maybe another OL. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me either, I expected a defensive back 

Then leave and never come back.

From all indications, Burks came to camp this year and is practicing like a dawg.  Whatever happened last year, happened.  I don't think it's worth arguing over or dragging the kid’s name through the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TheChosenTitan said:

Odds are against most QBs that get drafted in the league. I don’t think you can tell just by a few OTA’s lol

It’s definitely not a good look that he missed hitting an entire apparatus that was only 10 yards away.

Edited by XAEA12

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

In al honesty the odds are against Levis being a franchise QB, he's likely to be a mediocre QB

I believe being a mediocre QB is the best case scenario for Levis. He has a long ways to go and a lot of deficiencies to work on. 

10 minutes ago, XAEA12 said:

It’s definitely not a good look that he missed hitting an entire apparatus that was only 10 yards away.

Never said it wasn’t, just saying a high percentage of QBs who get drafted don’t turn out to be anything 

14 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I believe being a mediocre QB is the best case scenario for Levis. He has a long ways to go and a lot of deficiencies to work on. 

To be honest, if one of the best things you can say about him, is well they only spent a 2nd rounder (and a 2024 3rd rounder ) on him, that doesn't inspire confidence.

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

In al honesty the odds are against Levis being a franchise QB, he's likely to be a mediocre QB

Such is life for every QB besides the rare unicorns. Most QBs are not franchise players. There's a fairly high likelihood not a single QB drafted this year pans out for one reason or another. They all have glaring flaws. 

On 5/30/2023 at 12:31 AM, Number9 said:

Tannehill vs Henry    Forever. 

People tune in every week during the NFL season for one thing. Who done the best?  They watch the game. They rewatch as they unbiasedly decide who did the best. Some members pay big money to sites for cutting edge stats to prove their point. 

This is the third year of this deep under the turf digging to find that one slam dunk point to prove that their RB is worser than their QB. Or their QB is worser than their RB. 

On 5/30/2023 at 4:50 AM, OILERMAN said:

There is no such thing as a QB vs RB, at least not to anyone with a brain

Interesting.

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

In the very early portion of the offseason program all the known flaws in Levis' game such as accuracy, decision making and to a lesser extent pocket awareness (given there is no real pass rush right now) are all regularly on display.

I think the best thing for him is one read and go.  No matter if it's a drop back or a roll out.  Teams will have to account for him taking off so his read should be there if Kelley is creative.   PA/RA/RPO.  A big part of his Levis' job will be handing the ball to #22.

Just IMO, but it seems we have put in place the kind of system and the kind of coaches to develop qb’s.. Levis ( and even Willis)  has traits worth developing, and I’m anxious to see what comes of it.. maybe nothing, maybe something of value.. It would not surprise me to see Davis Mills here either!