2021 NFL Draft - Titans Select WR Dez Fitzpatrick 4th Round, 109 Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or trade for Julio and bring in guys like Marcus Johnson.

I doubt Jon Robinson gives two shits about him being a 4th round draft picks when it comes to completing the rosterĀ 

I bet Scine yelled through his KKK hood, "FINALLY! Fitzpatrick! Ol' Fitzy's a nice white Irish receiver to play the slot!"

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Shafted1 said:

Ā 

This guy is bullish on Fitzpatrick.

Ā 

Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Titans

Ā 

Round 4, No. 109 overall

Ā 

Fitzpatrick was a late watch for me during the pre-draft process, and let me tell you, his film made my day. As the draft approached, most of the later prospects I watched barely looked draftable. But for some reason I'd missed Fitzpatrick on my first pass through the receiver class.Ā 

Ā 

And he was an easy midround talent on film. At 6-2 and 208 pounds, the crispness in his routes was immediately noticeable, then I saw him take run-of-the-mill, chain-moving routes and morph them into big gains because of serious acceleration and speed down the field. He ran 4.49 at the Louisville pro day, and I think he's every bit that fast, if not faster.Ā 

Ā 

In Tennessee, gone are Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, and Jonnu Smith. The Titans desperately needed a jolt of receiver talent, and absolutely got that with Fitzpatrick. He actually set a career high in touchdowns as a freshman at Louisville (nine) and ultimately caught 154 passes at nearly 16 yards per grab across four seasons with the Cardinals. He's decently big, with the route-running nuance, and explosion to step in as the No. 2 to A.J. Brown right away.Ā 

Ā 

His Freshman year was impressive. I think he could be a 1k+Ā receiver down the road. If he can bulk up a little without losing speed heā€™s our best bet atĀ a legitimate number 2 by the end of the year.Ā 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

On 5/1/2021 at 12:25 PM, tgo said:

"ā€¦he was one of three players in NCAA with at least three catches of 60-plus yards in 2020, joining Dā€™Wayne Eskridge and DeVonta Smithā€¦humble, but tough-willed character with leadership skills that have grown each seasonā€¦finished his career tied with Tutu Atwell for fifth in school history in touchdown catches (21"

Ā 

"soft, accepting hands and makes natural adjustments on the footballā€¦routinely works back to the ball, attacking the catch point before it arrivesā€¦functional speed in his routes to give corners a challengeā€¦always thinking about YAC opportunities"

Ā 

"A four-year starter at Louisville, Fitzpatrick played the X receiver in head coach Scott Satterfieldā€™s offense, lining up primarily on the outside"

Ā 

"Overall, Fitzpatrick doesnā€™t offer any difference-making traits, but he doesnā€™t have any fatal flaws either. He displays average-level pass-catching skills to be a reliable target in the KeeSean Johnson mold."

Ā 

After briefly researching, this guy is a faster Tajae Sharpe.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Whoā€™s scouting report is this?

On 5/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, IrishTitansFan said:

Iā€™m not sure about this pick at all, but Lance Zierlein seems like a terrible draft writer. He is consistently way way off what actually happens

Iā€™ve always thought Lance Zierleinā€™s over rated..

Ā 

I find myself at timesĀ (after reading one of his reports)Ā askin him through my screen ā€œare we even lookin at the same player ????ā€Ā 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:59 AM, BudsOilers said:

Stefan Diggs pre draft.....

Ā 

Doesn't possess the strength or long speed to make a living as an outside receiver, but he can be an extremely effective weapon from the slot as a pro, turning short third-down throws into first downs. Diggs can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands and could become a consistent, productive weapon for the right offensive coordinator." ā€”Ā Lance Zierlein, NFL.com

Ā 

Bottom line is that even the draft Pondens are way off on their evaluationā€™s all of the time.

Taywan Taylor's pro-comp was Stefon Diggs.Ā  When we knew that he was good.Ā  I'm actually surprised the Zierlein hasn't scrubbed that from his initial report.Ā Ā 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

I'm honestly not pumped for Dez I think he's gonna be a backup his entire career

The film breakdown from @NoFlagsFilmwas exactly what I saw when watching him.Ā Heā€™s really good at comebacks and curls. He also has some straight lineĀ speed. No part of his film is impressive, but as the video noted at the end he does have a unique skillset and some explosiveness.Ā 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

I'm honestly not pumped for Dez I think he's gonna be a backup his entire career

Statistically, this is probably the reality.

Can only hope for more.

Ā 

There wereĀ Ā just better options available (it seems) at 108.

Edited by 2ToneTerror