Jonboy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why can't we have nice things? Lol

There will definitely be no shortage of candidates considering the personnel we have on offense.

lol at all the replies at that Schefter tweet asking if Henry is going to come with Arthur Smith.

Posted Images

Just now, tgo said:

It is a near certainty that he will be gone. 

All eyes on Todd Downing and Bill O'Brien, imo

I wonder how losing 2 OCs in 3 years to HC promotions would affect Vrabel’s hiring process this time? I mean...on the one hand, it means you did a pretty darn good job with the hires so that’s a good thing.

But would he rather focus on an older guy this time who may not have HC aspirations? I could see O’Brien getting another HC job at some point. Downing is young and would have folks probably lining up if the offense keeps humming next year. 

Just now, Jonboy said:

I wonder how losing 2 OCs in 3 years to HC promotions would affect Vrabel’s hiring process this time? I mean...on the one hand, it means you did a pretty darn good job with the hires so that’s a good thing.

But would he rather focus on an older guy this time who may not have HC aspirations? I could see O’Brien getting another HC job at some point. Downing is young and would have folks probably lining up if the offense keeps humming next year. 

Yeah, it's a good point but who would fit this bill that fits the personnel/identity? 

Marrone probably ends up a college HC again. 

Someone like Bill Callahan?

Just now, tgo said:

Yeah, it's a good point but who would fit this bill that fits the personnel/identity? 

Marrone probably ends up a college HC again. 

Someone like Bill Callahan?

Yeah, that’s your forte, haha. I’m just trying to get in Vrabel’s head to see what he might be thinking. Is he comfortable with having to replace the OC every few years?

Obviously the top priority is finding the best person for the job, but I would think a little consistency would have to be in the back of his mind as he’s making the hires. 

That being said, at least we have an experienced QB now in Tannehill who’s worked under a number of different OCs. The whole “continuity” thing isn’t as important as it was when we were trying to develop a young QB.

The funny thing is that I bet the big appeal has been the play of Tannehill with some owner thinking he can take my middling QB and make him good.......

It's a false premise and that's not a diss on Smith but let's all remember that plenty of people wanted him, Carter, and Vrabel burned at the stake when Pineapple Tebow was at QB.