King Henry vs CJ2K

AJClown

I'm not sure I've ever seen a runner in the NFL for whom stacked boxes are meaningless, and who can run away from defenders the length of the field. How do you defend that player?

Chris Johnson could run away from everybody, but he wasn't bullying through stacked boxes. Larry Csonka could bully through stacked boxes, but he wasn't running away from anybody. Henry does both.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of holes or no holes. If it was really just that players would be banging off 90+ runs all the time.    I think it's a little much saying he doesn't break tackles. He will always

I know what Henry's "in" game meal is:   DB's SOULS

There were a couple of seasons that you could make the argument that CJ was the best back in the league.  He was stouter than one would think for his size, and his once in a generation speed made him

Posted Images

1 minute ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a runner in the NFL for whom stacked boxes are meaningless, and who can run away from defenders the length of the field. How do you defend that player?

Chris Johnson could run away from everybody, but he wasn't bullying through stacked boxes. Larry Csonka could bully through stacked boxes, but he wasn't running away from anybody. Henry does both.

But DH doesn't.  His big plays almost always come from massive holes at the LOS

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Umm yeah just like every other RB in history except for guys like Barry Sanders. 

He is consistently getting what’s blocked for him. Yesterday he hit a different gear and had a 4-5 excellent moves in the hole. One of the most underrated aspects of his game is his lateral balance. 

13 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Right but any running back his size would be brought down from behind within 15 or 20 yards from there. Henry on the other hand has the ability to run away from everybody the length of the field.

So if you allocate eight men to the box to try to stop him, and he manages to get through there, now all of the sudden you’re facing a potential score for the Titans, whereas normally a player that size wouldn’t be any threat to score. That changes the entire method of defending against him.

Having a guy escape for 20 or 25 yards against you is completely different from having a guy score a touchdown against you.

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

Henry any day of the week. "but but 2000" yeah 2000 didn't get us to the AFC game and Henry put up 180 in a couple playoff games. Henry throws guys out the buildings and either makes a star DB leave his team,leave the stratosphere or make them chumps still without a team week 6 in the 2020 NFL season. Plus 99 and 94. Henry is not a retard. If Henry is not the best RB this franchise has ever seen. Then he is right behind Earl. I don't even think it's close between CJ and Henry. Henry is already 9TDs from matching CJ career total. At this rate that should be no issue this year.

CJ was faster, no doubt....but on Henry’s screen pass in OT,  a DB had the angle to  knock him OOB after 10-15 yards, and Henry simply outran the angle and turned it into 50 yards.  

Henry also gets stronger as the game goes on,  physically wearing  down defenses and often dominating the 4th quarter and OT.    CJ had insane speed on demand, but I don’t recall many instances where he took it to a whole new level late in the game and beat defenses to secure wins.

6 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

People have short memories where that's concerned. CJ ran with plenty of power. He wasn't a scat back. Did he send people on trips to the nearest orbiting space station? No, but that's just physics for you. CJ was 5'11" and 195 lbs soaking wet. Henry is a 6'3" brick shithouse with a hemi.

Usually you get big/stocky guys who run like a herd of turtles or you get spindly little twerps who run like the wind. I don't think anyone has ever come along that has Henry's size and strength combo'd up with 85% of CJ's speed. It's just about unfair for defenders, honestly.

Imagine if we had both current Henry and prime CJ2K in the same backfield. Tannehill could just kick back in a beach chair with a mai tai and hand off all day. Maybe flick a ball out into the flats every now and then to keep the defense honest.

2 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

He’s on pace for 393 attempts, 1,881 yards and 19 touchdowns.

Can he maintain that?

Not indefinitely. Hopefully Evans can get his fucking hamstring right for once being on IR for a few weeks and get Henry some rest down the stretch so he can be fresher for the playoffs. But McNichols has been playing well in the meantime so hopefully that continues and he can see an expanded role.

I just looked this up.

Over the last 16 games including playoffs.

DH has 2068 yards and 19 Rush TDs on 374 carries

5.53 ypc

But DH really really does look like a bigger CJ running the ball. They both run smooth and even I think when moving forward run similarly and with similar decision making.

Henry's balance has improved and you can see that helmet on a stick stiff arm practice paid off on the 94 yard run yesterday.

Edited by titanruss