Vrabel 4D Chess

tgo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol at Warren Sharp dragging Gannon hahaha.

You would have to think that he'd be the coach of the year if the season ended today. 

Posted Images

Yep, I brought this up yesterday.  It surprised me that Gannon didn't pick this up.  Particularly since he was on the call the last time Vrabel did this (against the Jets).  He actually called it a mistake by the Titans.

Edited by scine09

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

A caller on 104.5 just brought this up.  Glad people are noticing.

You can count on one hand how many coaches do this.

Really you can count it on two fingers and one of the fingers is gonna be up for retirement pretty soon here. 

8 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Lol at Warren Sharp dragging Gannon hahaha.

He deserves it.  He's supposed to understand these things given that he's the analyst.  Particularly since he was doing the game the last time it happened.

I guarantee Tony Romo understood what Vrabel was doing.

17 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Yeah I don't know if there's another coach other than those two who would have done this.  You can say what you want about Vrabel's run first mentality (which, quite frankly, I think is overdone as we're seeing), but his clock management is among if not the best in the league.

It's not just this week.  How about the way they managed the end of the first half against Buffalo?  There's a reason they win all these close games.  Obviously a lot of things have to happen but he gives his players a chance by controlling the clock as best as he can.

Vrabel has relaxed his run first mentality. The Bills game was a perfect example.