Goodbye Arthur Smith

terradawg

On 10/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, Puck said:

that is opinion, don't state it as fact.

i had a buddy that used to say to me all the time - " I've seen the boss' job, I don't want it "

some assistants might not want the additional stress, responsibility, scrutiny, exposure, etc.. some people are more comfortable in support roles.

My industry is like that , everyone wants to be the #2 guy, but very few want to be the boss.

Fduck that. I wanna be the number 3 guy. The number 1 guy is to often a lazy ads and number 2 has to do his job also.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is so gone after this season. Let’s hope we can make the most of it while we have him. He deserves every bit of this. What a story. 

They all use UPS?

lol Bizarro Gase!

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This always amuses me when guys like Smith start getting discussed as a hot candidate . Will Arthur Smith be a good HC? No idea. 

Smith is getting all the hype because he's the OC for the Titans who have been very good offensively under him. 

The reason the offense turned around is because Tannehill took over. When Smith was the OC and Mariota was the QB the offense was getting the exact same production as it was under LaFluer and Roberski. Tannehill looked great the first time he stepped on the field in the first preseason game. 

The Titans offense will be good if they get a new OC, because RT is good. 

Does being the OC translate into being good at HC responsibilities? No

To add to this, we run a fairly simple scheme. PA with Brown and Smith over the middle, PA deep to Raymond, drop backs to Davis and Humphries, and of course pound the ball in our zone scheme. 

I think Smith makes for a good HC, but that isn’t from his time as OC; it’s from the videos where I’ve seen him speak and how he composes himself. If we lose him it will be next man up with the same exact philosophy. It’s our identity now. Tannehill is what makes the engine run. The team goes as far as he does. 

4 hours ago, Supernope said:

What happened to that guy who used to rail against Arthur Smith constantly?  Seems like he was always quoting some nextgen stats bullshit to lobby for more Fluellen or maybe TayTay.  That was rich

Abc. Yeah haven’t seen him around. He’s probably back over at Gotitans. 

He did eventually take his medicine on that front. 

On 10/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, OILERMAN said:

This always amuses me when guys like Smith start getting discussed as a hot candidate . Will Arthur Smith be a good HC? No idea. 

Smith is getting all the hype because he's the OC for the Titans who have been very good offensively under him. 

The reason the offense turned around is because Tannehill took over. When Smith was the OC and Mariota was the QB the offense was getting the exact same production as it was under LaFluer and Roberski. Tannehill looked great the first time he stepped on the field in the first preseason game. 

The Titans offense will be good if they get a new OC, because RT is good. 

Does being the OC translate into being good at HC responsibilities? No

At the same time, we've seen what even a good QB can look like under incompetent coaches like Adam Gase. He nearly ruined Tannehill's career and is currently doing it to Darnikd. No matter who your HC is you still have to get the QB right anyways so knowing that your HC won't ruin him is still a huge plus.

Lefluer's offense looked limited under Mariota but teams still recognized that his scheme was good and they're enjoying the fruits of it with Rodgers. Watson isn't as good a passer as Tannehill or Rodgers but he's talented enough that Houston hiring Smith wouldn't be a mistake. Smith is also a very good playcaller IMO

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

No.  I believe it started with an S.  The guy hated Mariota almost as much as anyone.

abc2330 I believe is the poster that you are referring to.  He was a hardcore Taywan Taylor supporter too, when it was obvious to most that Taylor was a scrub.  He'd also rag on Arthur Smith after the Titans scored 30 points on offense.  It was just really weird to me.