Vic Beasley Finally Reports

tgo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He could have found a really nice place to live if only he had an extra $500k to spend...

OK, so he is here and other than missing a handful of early practices it’s not a big deal. People freaked out over essentially nothing.   Can we get back to freaking out over Clowney now?

That would be completely fine except for the lack of communication. I think it's just really difficult for most adults to imagine a situation where they don't contact their employer to let them know t

Posted Images

The only thing I can surmise is that he was seriously thinking of opting out but decided not to, and just didn't handle communication with the team or the process well and just kind of went AWOL. 

Or they sent him a warning or warning letter which prompted him to report. 

Don't like this player. I require 15 sacks at minimum for this to be forgiven!

20 sacks for a contract extension with the Titans. 

Edited by tgo

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

The only thing I can surmise is that he was seriously thinking of opting out but decided not to, and just didn't handle communication with the team or the process well and just kind of went AWOL. 

Or they sent him a warning or warning letter which prompted him to report. 

Don't like this player. I require 15 sacks at minimum for this to be forgiven!

20 sacks for a contract extension with the Titans. 

If he gets 20 sacks I never expect him at practice again!

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

OK, so he is here and other than missing a handful of early practices it’s not a big deal. People freaked out over essentially nothing.

Can we get back to freaking out over Clowney now?

Normally I would agree, but the language in the CBA makes the situation different. Apparently he can’t be forgiven for the fines, which leads to the speculation of why he would just burn through money like that to the tune of 100k a day. 

I actually agree with your original premise. It’s the same I have that he has a unique skill set and as long as he reports then all is well. Still a pretty strange situation. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Normally I would agree, but the language in the CBA makes it somewhat different. Apparently he can’t be forgiven for the fines, which makes the situation different than other years. 

I actually agree with your original premise. It’s the same I have that he has a unique skill set and as long as he reports then all is well. Still a pretty strange situation. 

Sure, he definitely still has to pay the fines. But it ain’t my money. That’s his problem...

This whole thing is likely to give teams looking to sign him Next year a moment of pause (at least). But that’s not my concern right now. And if it gives him even more incentive to rack up the sacks to make up for it then so much the better for us.

21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

OK, so he is here and other than missing a handful of early practices it’s not a big deal. People freaked out over essentially nothing.

Can we get back to freaking out over Clowney now?

Where's our money?!

One thing that bugged me about Beasley is that Bowen was saying in his interview that they had him doing one on one coaching sessions instead of being in meetings with the others to try and catch him up. Apparently he's a slow learner in addition to having poor work ethic and being unprofessional and weak against the run. 

Edited by tgo