Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't wait to read the practice reports on Reddit:   - Rashaan Evans' Surface Pro connected very well to the network today -Malcolm Butler's new Logitech webcam image looked sharper t

Please let us sign any linebacker with the last name Johnson.....I'd love a linebacker combo of Long, Brown, Johnson.

Prepping him to replace Mariota in the Pity Package

Posted Images

On 7/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, kgsTitan said:

- Nate Davis was late to log on and had to run gassers on the Nintendo Power Pad

- Near the end of practice, Taylor Lewan and Harold Landry got into a heated argument on the Teams chat, and had to be virtually separated.

- The afternoon practice ended a bit early due to a scheduled Windows 10 update and McAfee scan

I played junior high and high school football in south Texas when August two-a-days were standard.

What I wouldnt have given for virtual football practice in those days.

I played football in south Texas ‘84-‘87 when there were no water breaks and you were a pussy if you needed one, followed by mandatory swallowing of salt pills.  I played small school 2A in Three Rivers.  Where did you play?

1 hour ago, smokeater said:

I played football in south Texas ‘84-‘87 when there were no water breaks and you were a pussy if you needed one, followed by mandatory swallowing of salt pills.  I played small school 2A in Three Rivers.  Where did you play?

I though doing 3 a days was brutal in New England in late August in the low 80s, and then I moved down here to TN and saw them doing the same in early August in the mid 90s, unreal. Remember the mandatory salt tablets well. We had shit helmets back then (mid 70s) and they taught face blocking then; a miracle we all didn't get multiple concussions, I was lucky only to have gotten one bad one. 

Edited by No1TitansFan

1 hour ago, smokeater said:

A coach do that today and he's headline news for abusing kids by physical and psychological torture.  S.O.B. would never get out of jail.

2 hours ago, smokeater said:

Early '90s. 2 years in Uvalde, and the rest in Bellville, which is more SE, but the humidity was even worse.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

A coach do that today and he's headline news for abusing kids by physical and psychological torture.  S.O.B. would never get out of jail.

Yeah, I can remember being so thirsty after practice I would completely fill my gut with water to where I couldn't take any more in, but still be thirsty.  It seems stupid and asinine now, but at the time, having a full pads practice in high 90's heat with wind sprints to follow and no water breaks seemed normal.  I think that started changing not long after I graduated though.  I think my senior year, they actually made the salt pills optional for the first time.

Edited by smokeater

On 7/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, kgsTitan said:

- Nate Davis was late to log on and had to run gassers on the Nintendo Power Pad

- Near the end of practice, Taylor Lewan and Harold Landry got into a heated argument on the Teams chat, and had to be virtually separated.

- The afternoon practice ended a bit early due to a scheduled Windows 10 update and McAfee scan

I played junior high and high school football in south Texas when August two-a-days were standard.

What I wouldnt have given for virtual football practice in those days.

Lol "McAfee scan"

16 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

August 17th looks to be the first day the Titans can start having full contact padded practices, also good that the NFL held firm in negotiations with the NFLPA and there will be a maximum of 14 padded practices allowed during training camp.

The week 1 game vs the broncos will be a complete crapshoot. With players only having 14 padded practices and NO game time at all. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

The week 1 game vs the broncos will be a complete crapshoot. With players only having 14 padded practices and NO game time at all. 

The team better be prepared to double team Casey. He’ll be on a mission. He has the talent to single handily destroy a team’s game plans when he is healthy and motivated, which he most certainly will be. It would have been nice to face them later in the year. We certainly have more talent and a better QB, but interior pressure from the DL is the hardest thing to deal with as an offense. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Casey's weakness is what the Titans do, run the ball down your throat. If the Titans are able to run the ball and play with a lead from heavy sets Casey could be a huge liability for the Broncos. Casey causes problems when he can shoot the gap on known passing downs. The Titans guards are huge monsters and will wear Casey out if it turns into a running game show

This is fine and all and logical, but there is zero doubt Casey is going to cause problems. Their DC knows what is coming and they will scheme to stop it.