Titans reportedly shopping pick #29 and attempting to trade out of the first round

Shouldn't really come as a surprise as it has generally been reported quite a few teams late in the first round are trying to trade back, but now we have our first specific report that the Titans are actively trying to trade out of the first round.

Seahawks, Titans, and 49ers looking to trade down

Most everyone wants their favorite team to trade down in Round 1 and collect extra selections. So who’s looking to trade out of the first round?

As of now, I’m told the Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans and San Francisco 49ers will shop their selections in the hopes of moving down. In the case of the Niners, I’m told they would prefer to move the 31st selection rather than the 13th pick.

The Titans are interesting, as they have been often matched with offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson of Georgia, who many believe is a late first-round pick.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The true value of the 29th pick, for the most part, is the ability to  tie up the player for 5 years, ideal for late first round qb's like Love or Eason or OL..

Here is what you don't quite get and what people have been trying to bang into your hard-head.  We have come to notice his eye for talent because he goes out and gets the actual talent instead of roll

Has anyone ever agreed with you on anything? If you told me the titans wear blue I would have to think about it for a second you are so fucking wrong all the time.

Just now, BudAdams said:

Makes sense unless a player you absolutely love has unexpectedly dropped.  If you can slide into the 2nd round and gain an extra 3 or 4 out of it, great.

Absolutely makes sense, the issue will be with so many teams wanting to also trade out of the first round whether JRob can find a team that actually wants to trade up, i'm skeptical that he will be able to find a deal that presents enough value to make it worth trading back.

Could see the Lions trying to move back in to the late 1st for 5 years control of a player and they have an additional 2 to spare. Move our 1st for their 2nd and 3rd rounder would be outstanding. 

Just now, rns90 said:

Possible trade partners based on connections, extra picks, motivation:

DET, CLE,TB, DEN, maybe CAR.

There have been reports specific to Denver looking at the possibility of trading up into the back of round 1 for an OT, they have 3 third round picks.

The Dolphins are another team who might want to trade up, can't see them using all their NFL leading 14 picks in this draft.

Tankathon have a good breakdown of each teams draft capital

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Possible trade partners based on connections, extra picks, motivation:

DET, CLE,TB, DEN, maybe CAR.

I've wondered if Carolina could trade up for Mims. 

Screw this, I'd move up to get Ruggs --- otherwise they trade back as many times as they want...

And I would say no one is moving up until gameday and until they can see what's on the board...

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There have been reports specific to Denver looking at the possibility of trading up into the back of round 1 for an OT, they have 3 third round picks.

The Dolphins are another team who might want to trade up, can't see them using all their NFL leading 14 picks in this draft.

Tankathon have a good breakdown of each teams draft capital

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

I thought about the Dolphins as well.  I just couldn't see them paying 4 1st round picks (yeah, I know dumb reason) but yeah they also have "connections" to us and they did the Tannehill trade with us.

Looking at the value chart, Pick #29 matches up closely with the 5th pick of the second round and the 5th pick of the fourth round in terms of total value.  Can't get an extra 3rd unless they trade all the way down to around pick #15 of the second.