The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Titansfan920 said:

Lets just go after Griffen now and move on from this.

They won't be going after Griffen either. He's gonna end up signing with a 4-3 team who doesn't mind players that are nut cases. 

I'd guess that we're done in FA other than maybe a post draft depth signing on the DL or at corner. But we'll see. 

Last year we signed Urban right before the draft or even during the draft maybe. 

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I dont think we'll sign another OLB in my opinion. 

Agreed - Beasley is the OLB they wanted and he will be the starter. Anyone else we get through the draft would be depth and developmental. 

Just now, tgo said:

Agreed - Beasley is the OLB they wanted and he will be the starter. Anyone else we get through the draft would be depth and developmental. 

yeah pretty much. I dont think we'll spend more at OLb than we did the QB position in one off season. Always thought signing Clowney was unrealistic. I mean I say if Clowney would take way less we'd sign him but hes not going to.

I'm all set on Clowney. I really do get that sacks aren't the be all end all but he was on a defense with a borderline elite pass rusher in Mercilus, a dominant interior rusher and future HOFer in Watt, and still couldn't stay healthy or really produce sacks. I get that his disruption stats are good but to play with that much talent and not once have a truly elite sack total should be concerning. I'm not committing so much money and cap to a guy that isn't elite at closing the deal. Derrick Morgan was great at getting pressure too and it never made up for all of the "almost sacks" obviously Clowney is better than Morgan but still. I really hope someone else signs him and take him out of our equation.

If this is it as far as big signings, our defense will be considerably worse next year. I’m a bit confused what Robinson’s plan was. Sure we got younger but did we actually get more athletic? So far we’ve just replaced Casey, Johnson, and Ryan with scrubs. We’re going to need to hit a home run in the draft and sign at least one more quality defensive linemen to get back to where we need to be.

Edited by Thrill

4 minutes ago, Thrill said:

If this is it as far as big signings, our defense will be considerably worse next year. I’m a bit confused what Robinson’s plan was. Sure we got younger but did we actually get more athletic? So far we’ve just replaced Casey, Johnson, and Ryan with scrubs. We’re going to need to hit a home run in the draft and sign at least one more quality defensive linemen to get back to where we need to be.

It's not even April yet.  Plenty of time to add pieces in the draft and the second wave of FA

Robinson actually has a history of coming in with a late "impact" signing most years. 

Meaning, not a world beater FA but veterans who end up playing significant snaps. See Eric Decker, Brent Urban, Andre Johnson, etc. 

That could be what we see this year, along with probably some late moves to acquire a player during preseason ala Reggie Gilbert/Kamalei Correa. Or claiming a cut or two at roster cutdown time. 

Yannick Ngakoue! Period. If you are going the make a significant move to upgrade over Casey, 25 year old Ngakoue is the man. His four year career to date is more impressive and consistent than most, especially if the goal is to upgrade sack totals within the front seven.  Only player worth making a counter-Casey-trade-move over a ridiculous reach signing in Clowney.  

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic