tgo

The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

34 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Could be...

or they could’ve signed Beasley, traded Casey to free up money to chase Clowney that way they could field Beasley across from Landry and play Simmons, Jones and Clowney on the line with Evans and Brown at ILB

that would be a beast of a front 7, and maybe the best in the league after SF

49ers homer gonna homer....

On March 27, 2020 at 7:17 PM, kyle021 said:

Well there’s a ton possibilities at our pick. We could go in several different directions. 

I just named several people at each position that could be available at our pick and that fit our scheme. 

If I had to choose 5 players I would want at 29 it would be

1) Jeff Gladney - CB

2) Austin Jackson - OT

3) Josh Jones - OT

4) Justin Jefferson - WR

5) Ross Blacklock - DT

I think RT could be had in round 2 by going with a guy like Ezra Cleveland who I think is not very far at all behind Jones/Jackson at RT, or someone like Charles or Niang at our pick in 2 that we wouldn’t have to trade up for, and all of those guys would be immediate day 1 starters. 

I am more leaning toward a RT in round 2 and taking a skill player in round 1 with my focus solely on Jeff Gladney. That guy is just a force at CB and would be the perfect guy to matchup with Tyreek Hill and TY Hilton

I love Gladney as well. Don't like 2 & 5 though. Love JJ. I don't see RT as a need at all but Josh Jones is such a great prospect I take him in a heartbeat. I'd much prefer Niang to Jackson. He's already a very advanced zone blocker & a powerhouse. I'd also prefer Cleveland.

I like Jefferson a lot. Seems like people love or hate him but he's great on contested balls which is a trait that carries to the pros. But I see him best as a big slot but we have Hump & Firk playing inside.  My guy is Reagor. Monster deep threat whose also a gadget guy with amazing YAC skills. 

I also love Trevon Diggs. Great length & size, can play outside, slot, and can maybe be a great safety to. Unless Josh Jones droid I think it's secondary or WR.

Jeff Darlington was as off  as could be about the Brady/Tanny situation so I wouldn't say it's over. I also never saw us signing him though. 

7 minutes ago, Face said:

I love Gladney as well. Don't like 2 & 5 though. Love JJ. I don't see RT as a need at all but Josh Jones is such a great prospect I take him in a heartbeat. I'd much prefer Niang to Jackson. He's already a very advanced zone blocker & a powerhouse. I'd also prefer Cleveland.

I like Jefferson a lot. Seems like people love or hate him but he's great on contested balls which is a trait that carries to the pros. But I see him best as a big slot but we have Hump & Firk playing inside.  My guy is Reagor. Monster deep threat whose also a gadget guy with amazing YAC skills. 

I also love Trevon Diggs. Great length & size, can play outside, slot, and can maybe be a great safety to. Unless Josh Jones droid I think it's secondary or WR.

You really have to post more on the draft stuff.  I think they'd go CB, DL, RB, or RT before going WR in one.  

On 3/28/2020 at 11:16 PM, Face said:

This is my thinking as well. People sleep on Jefferson, and I think it’s honestly bc he is as polished as they come and people know he can step right in and be a #2 to start his career on a lot of teams, but I disagree that he is best in the slot. He is a true perimeter WR and would be a great fit here on the outside due to his crisp routes and blocking and ability to win contested catches and a great red one target. His game reminds me of a mix between Keenan Allen and AJB, but I really like Reagor as well and think he is exactly what this offense is missing at WR... He is a burner in the mold of Ted Ginn without the drops. I meant it when I say he is exactly what JR was looking for when he drafted Taylor. He fits the offense perfectly bc of the damage he can do on the play action game when slants, and fly routes. He is also perfect for the screen game and in the return game even though I think Raymond has the KR duties but we can’t afford to trot Humphries out on punt returns and that’s where Reagor fits in outside of being our deep threat, and a return man and screen receiver. He can be brought along slowly this year as Humphries backup. 

I like Diggs, but not as much as I do Gladney. Diggs is more of an outside corner whereas Gladney can line up at all 3 corner spots whether it be the left or right outside corner or the NB which allows us to be versatile with him on defense and use Hooker as the backup S and in 3 S looks. 

I am with you on Jones and Jackson. I actually like them more than Thomas, and Bechton. 

I think after we sign a DL and OLB before the draft that we turn our attention to CB and WR in rounds 1-2 pending Jackson/Jones are at 29 and even then we can get a solid CB and WR in rounds 2-3 that can start day one. 

5 hours ago, rns90 said:

This tweet was my favorite (there's a bunch though)

I hate doing drywall, evidently no1 can make a fucking wall anything near square...

What am I missing? Where the account holder lives and what their family does for a living doesnt have any bearing on whether someone has insider info. That being said it seems obvious the account is bullshit.

3 hours ago, kyle021 said:

This is my thinking as well. People sleep on Jefferson, and I think it’s honestly bc he is as polished as they come and people know he can step right in and be a #2 to start his career on a lot of teams, but I disagree that he is best in the slot. He is a true perimeter WR and would be a great fit here on the outside due to his crisp routes and blocking and ability to win contested catches and a great red one target. His game reminds me of a mix between Keenan Allen and AJB, but I really like Reagor as well and think he is exactly what this offense is missing at WR... He is a burner in the mold of Ted Ginn without the drops. I meant it when I say he is exactly what JR was looking for when he drafted Taylor. He fits the offense perfectly bc of the damage he can do on the play action game when slants, and fly routes. He is also perfect for the screen game and in the return game even though I think Raymond has the KR duties but we can’t afford to trot Humphries out on punt returns and that’s where Reagor fits in outside of being our deep threat, and a return man and screen receiver. He can be brought along slowly this year as Humphries backup. 

I like Diggs, but not as much as I do Gladney. Diggs is more of an outside corner whereas Gladney can line up at all 3 corner spots whether it be the left or right outside corner or the NB which allows us to be versatile with him on defense and use Hooker as the backup S and in 3 S looks. 

I am with you on Jones and Jackson. I actually like them more than Thomas, and Bechton. 

I think after we sign a DL and OLB before the draft that we turn our attention to CB and WR in rounds 1-2 pending Jackson/Jones are at 29 and even then we can get a solid CB and WR in rounds 2-3 that can start day one. 

I don't think people are sleeping on Jefferson. Most insiders are reporting that front offices see him as a mid-late 1st round pick. I think mock draft people are sleeping on him because he's not very exciting.  I like him, I don't know how well he fits with us though. I don't see him being much different from Corey Davis.

I agree with your CB assessment. I think Gladney and Fulton would be fantastic scheme fits for us. Unfortunately I don't see either falling to us. I think Jaylon Johnson is one small step below Gladney but the same type of player. He's a dog. He'd be great here. He and Gladney pretty much tested the same at the combine. Gladney is just smoother. I think Arnette will fall a bit due to him running a 4.56 and he'll be 24 in his rookie year. He's be a good option later. I like Holmes and Amik Robertson as later slot CBs if we can sign someone in FA as a stop gap.

An unpopular draft opinion I have is if Delpit is available at 29 (which is getting more possible as this process goes along) we should take him. Even though we're set at safety. He's too good. Downhill, instinctive, explosive, ball hawking box safety. He'd be a true difference maker.

LOL, this is kind of funny.  He doesn't get the money he was expecting yet Seattle which needs multiple pass rushers (even with Clowney) watches the market dry up at that position, while wasting cap space on Greg Olson, Warmack and Ogeubuehi (the last two aren't big money deals but they add up).

Oh, the latest update could have been written last week since it appears nothing has changed.  The Jets have a pretty awful front if he's looking for a one year deal to rack up sacks in order to go back into FA next year with more bargaining power.

Edited by rns90