Titans Trade Casey

tgo

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patriot way. Get rid of players a year early rather than a year late. I would have expected a better pick though, maybe a 3rd or 4th. a 7th is kind of insulting.

Wow I’m actually sad to see him go. One of my favorite players. Always gave full effort even when we were the worst team in the league.    I’ll never forget him chasing down a WR (TE?) from beh

Lot of cap ignorance in this thread....

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, 8MM said:

The same football guys that are always right with every opinion they give? 

The same that thought Gurden waa so retarded for trading Mack? How much better has that made CHI again?

How did those non Titans football guys feel about Tannehill before he got his chance with TEN?

What the fuck are you talking about? I was rejecting your notion that only titans fans thought he was good.

Nice strawman by the way.

Edited by TeamRamrod

3 minutes ago, 8MM said:

The same football guys that are always right with every opinion they give? 

The same that thought Gurden waa so retarded for trading Mack? How much better has that made CHI again? You know they are without their first rounder again this year? It's with OAK. And now settling for an overrated Foles... 

How did those non Titans football guys feel about Tannehill before he got his chance with TEN?

Is this new 8mm really Simple Jake?

29 minutes ago, WG53 said:

It isn't just this move. 

Losing Conklin for nothing, trading Casey for a 7th, paying Dennis Kelly etc.

He has work to do. Right now he's doing a real shitty job.

Letting Conklin walk without comp may have been the best move available. I wish he would have tagged Conklin, but if he did that there's a chance he doesn't/can't move him and we get stuck with him. Teams willing to sign him in FA might be less inclined to do so if they know they'll have to fork over draft capital to do so. He signed with the Browns pretty quickly for not as much as people thought he'd get... maybe he wasn't as hot a commodity as we thought?

On top of that, if we used the tag on Conklin we didn't have it available for Henry... who they seem not to be close to a deal with. So we use it on Conk, get stuck with him because people don't value him as much as all that, and then lose Henry to some other team offering him the moon.

Who would you rather we lose without immediate comp in that scenario? Conklin or Henry?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

I wonder how this sits with Vrabel. Same thing happened to him at the end of his Patriot playing career and he was practicing "social distancing" from that organization before it was recommended.

I would think he might have a problem with moves like this... as a former player who was insulted by the same treatment.

Edited by charleytolar

18 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I wonder how this sits with Vrabel. Same thing happened to him at the end of his Patriot playing career and he was practicing "social distancing" from that organization before it was recommended.

I would think he might have a problem with moves like this... as a former player who was insulted by the same treatment.

There's no way Vrabel wasn't involved in the decision

With Simmons coming on during the stretch run it makes a lot of sense. Jones outplayed him last year as well. It’s tough to pay 16 for a guy who likely wouldn’t be a full time starter. 

Sucks though. He never bitched and was a true lunch pale type guy who was consistently underrated around the league. 

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Wow I’m actually sad to see him go. One of my favorite players. Always gave full effort even when we were the worst team in the league. 

I’ll never forget him chasing down a WR (TE?) from behind going 1000 MPH even though we were on track to finish worst in the league. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/13/10032864/jets-titans-brandon-marshall-jurell-casey

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Sucks though. He never bitched and was a true lunch pale type guy who was consistently underrated around the league. 

Yeah, I do feel sad that he played on some truly shitty Titans teams in the early 2010s.