Players throwing a bit of shade at Mariota?

10 A See

8 hours ago, Titansgoodluck said:

Let’s see Tanny against the Colts and Jags. Browns and Denver again

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

And bills. 

panthers are similar D to the bills/Broncos. I expect it to be much more difficult. 

MM was stinking it up... so I expect him to be better.. but I expect him to also prove we need to draft a guy in the next two years

Again what does it prove if Tannehill stinks it up?

That the Dolphins were right to ship him?

It definitely doesn't prove anything in regards to Mariota - he sucks.

He sucks. He sucks. That's why he got benched.

What Tannehill does, doesn't change what Mariota is EITHER WAY.

Edited by big2033

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cannot be serious with this shit.    Mariota is a 5th year veteran. He doesn't have any fucking learning to do, he just sucks ass. 

I'm not usually that guy and I'm a bit surprised due to his personality but Corey Davis was 100% throwing shade. Dude is sick of wasting his life away on a QB who never gives him a chance to make a pl

15 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I was one of his top supporters, although I didn't argue about his shortcomings.  I used to just point out "we won!" because in the end, that's what it's all about.  Then Arizona 2017, he started standing out and it was hard to overlook.  Against the Jags, Mariota did some gutsy stuff to help the team win even though I think he started bad.  Kansas City, first half I'm thinking here we go again with this shit.  Then Mariota makes some plays, a key block and the Houdini pass.  The season was over.

He was healthy, got a QB guru and practiced with his receivers.  He came into camp and the reports coming out were pretty bad.  Then one of the PS games, I don't remember which one Mariota looked like a rookie that the game was too big for.  Anybody who continued to support him after that was grasping at straws.  He opened the season, just as bad.  So, imo, I stuck with him way too long.  After that it was just people's refusal to accept the truth.

Come on now, you remember which one.

Mine was sometime in 2018.  I  accepted the injury had an effect on play.  But then throughout that year, he had that pattern of inconsistent play.  My doubts were built up gradually.  There's no way he should look this bad, I thought to myself.  I guess my break point was the game against the Jets.  The Jets were out multiple people on defense I think.  And Mariota played awful in the 1st half only to have a comeback (aided by penalty) that helped them with the win.

Edited by rns90

24 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I was one of his top supporters, although I didn't argue about his shortcomings.  I used to just point out "we won!" because in the end, that's what it's all about.  Then Arizona 2017, he started standing out and it was hard to overlook.  Against the Jags, Mariota did some gutsy stuff to help the team win even though I think he started bad.  Kansas City, first half I'm thinking here we go again with this shit.  Then Mariota makes some plays, a key block and the Houdini pass.  The season was over.

He was healthy, got a QB guru and practiced with his receivers.  He came into camp and the reports coming out were pretty bad.  Then one of the PS games, I don't remember which one Mariota looked like a rookie that the game was too big for.  Anybody who continued to support him after that was grasping at straws.  He opened the season, just as bad.  So, imo, I stuck with him way too long.  After that it was just people's refusal to accept the truth.

27 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I think the problem was that mariota would pull something out of his ass just enough to keep fans from giving up on him. Like the jags game you mentioned, the stiff arm. The chiefs playoff game, which actually was  Henry and knocking kelce out that won that one. 

He had heart, sometimes, he just lacks the tools to be a consistent nfl qb. 

27 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

They should bring Mariota in sometimes for RPO. Wildcat. Get some use out of him.

There's no point and you know it.

I'm still waiting on what Tannehill playing badly proves regarding Mariota. You seem to be dodging this and just spouting off roundabout defenses for Mariota.

Your posts are very passive aggressive.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I just always thought Mariota was average as hell but figured it we put enough talent around him we'd be fine and I trusted J-Rob to do that. Then he was terrible last year but I figured that between the new scheme, ulnar injury, and shitty OL that it was hard to draw any conclusions. 2018 is when I labeled him as injury prone though and decided that injured or not he needed to play lights out going forward.

Then the bum, 100% healthy and with a great supporting cast, looks just as shitty as when he was hurt and had to be carried kicking and screaming to a win. I was done with him by the end of the 1st quarter. It's just too hard to win the way you have to with him. The moment he was benched I felt a huge weight lifted off of me. I don't care if Tannehill clubs to death and then skins a baby seal on the 50 yard line in primetime, we better never go back to Mariota. 

Only have to add that the games are pretty much UNWATCHABLE (on offense) with Mariota.  Whenever they were on offense, it was dull as fuck.  I'm glad he got benched because that triple shot of @JAX, vs BUF, and @ DEN pretty much could drive any fan to stop watching the team.

10 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Only have to add that the games are pretty much UNWATCHABLE (on offense) with Mariota.  Whenever they were on offense, it was dull as fuck.  I'm glad he got benched because that triple shot of @JAX, vs BUF, and @ DEN pretty much could drive any fan to stop watching the team.

He literally killed my joy for football. Before the Atlanta game I was as uninterested in watching the Titans as I have been in a while. Shit was depressing. I felt like tasing myself just so I could feel something.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

You guys better stop bullying him!

I actually get why some people see some of the comments as bullying. I won't deny some of what I've said qualifies as unnecessarily mean but it honestly comes from a place of catharsis rather than malice. I'm just so glad to see him on the bench where he can't skip the rock at Corey Davis's feet like a scene in a cheesy lifetime movie. I wish him success going forward, I just want him far away from my offense.

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I actually get why some people see some of the comments as bullying. I won't deny some of what I've said qualifies as unnecessarily mean but it honestly comes from a place of catharsis rather than malice. I'm just so glad to see him on the bench where he can't skip the rock at Corey Davis's feet like a scene in a cheesy lifetime movie. I wish him success going forward, I just want him far away from my offense.

Sir this is an Arby's

- future client success role for Mariota

With a healthy, normal offseason and no major upheaval in the offense, coaching staff, or receiving corps, I anticipated that Mariota would take a step forward this year.    But instead he regressed by becoming increasingly (and mind-numbingly) risk-averse, repeatedly failing to recognize open receivers and/or refusing to throw to them.   

His accuracy also declined dramatically.    On throws of 10-20 yards, it became a random coin flip whether he could even deliver a catchable throw.   (Assuming he was even willing to even make these throws in the first place....which he often wasn't.)

Personally, I was ready to move on after his piss-poor showing in week 2....which he quickly underscored with another abysmal performance in week 3.  But the coaches allowed him enough rope to hang himself....and by week 6, his performance had deteriorated to a point where the offense was rendered utterly and completely non-functional.   

Forget the whole starter/backup argument;  at this point, Marcus isn't even an NFL-caliber QB.    He's shown that he's  incapable of functioning in an NFL offense week in and week out.   I'm sure his teammates still love and support the guy....but they know it, too.

38 minutes ago, nine said:

With a healthy, normal offseason and no major upheaval in the offense, coaching staff, or receiving corps, I anticipated that Mariota would take a step forward this year.   

Those were never the problems, he always was