Thoughts on Nick Foles

terradawg

People in PHI were screaming for Foles to be benched at the end of the regular season. He struggled initially replacing Wentz. Give him credit. He played great. But him getting hot at the right time and playing great over a 3 game stretch isn't going to all of a sudden make Wentz tradeable. He's their guy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foles has a fucking ring. And he deserves it. 

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

If the Eagles feel they can be competitive with another QB on the market it makes sense to move Foles if they can get a high draft pick.  The question is if there is someone who can fit the system.  They don't have to be as good as Foles to be an option.  Just someone who can play 500 ball until Wentz returns.  Certainly another 1st round pick or early second will benefit the team in the long run more than having Foles as a backup if he is only going to play a few games.  Plus, it would be the right thing to do for Foles if he can get moved to a team where he has a good shot.

As for the Cardinals not being a good fit.....  McCoy has coached a variety of QBs including Tebow, Rodney Peete, Delhomme and Kyle Orton along with P. Manning.  If McCoy is flexible incorporating stuff Foles can do well it might be a good fit for the Cardinals and well worth their 2nd round pick. 

Except that McCoy isn't very good.

17 minutes ago, titansfb said:

don’t be retarded.  Wentz and his injury prone ass - broken ribs as a rookie and ACL/LCL tear sophomore, is the future there.

they shouldn’t rush Wentz back.  Find a way to keep Foles next season.

Foles is under contract so they don't have to find a way, just keep him. But the fact Wentz keeps getting hurt doesn't help his argument to remain starter 

14 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

People in PHI were screaming for Foles to be benched at the end of the regular season. He struggled initially replacing Wentz. Give him credit. He played great. But him getting hot at the right time and playing great over a 3 game stretch isn't going to all of a sudden make Wentz tradeable. He's their guy.

He didn't just get hot spontaneously, it was the result of changing the system to suit his strengths. 

15 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Then they messed around with the system to do things that made him feel comfortable and voila!!.. TR posters think he’s a top 5 QB. 

Reh-tards 

12 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

If this had been the kind of game he had against OAK under Kelly, with 7 TDs, 400 yds and a perfect passer rating, that would be lights out.

This wasn't that.

He had a good game though, and Philly pulled it off.  Albeit against the weakest Pats team I ever watched.

There's no way this Pats team would beat the 2003 Patriots. I doubt they would even beat the 2011 Patriots. But that could be true of any team. The NFL of today is noticeably weaker than the NFL of past decades. So it's all a wash I think. 

7 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Foles was slinging the ball. He had several impressive throws last night. Philly does have a QB friendly offense but so do several other teams around the NFL. At the end of the day you still have to make the throw and he did that all game.

Bizarre situation for it to be a legitimate argument to trade a super bowl mvp qb who’s not 30 yet. 

Philly has to keep Foles around just in case Wentz is unable to recover from his injury.

Kinda like what happened with that QB that broke his leg and never fully recovered his game, but that team doesn't have a backup QB yet to pick up the slack if it comes down to it.

And no other team is going to want Wentz right now with so much uncertainty.

11 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

There's no way this Pats team would beat the 2003 Patriots. I doubt they would even beat the 2011 Patriots. But that could be true of any team. The NFL of today is noticeably weaker than the NFL of past decades. So it's all a wash I think. 

The Pats last night had Brady pass for 500 yards. I’m not sure what you’re talking about. This was their best offensive output. Brady was absolutely amazing. 

10 hours ago, oldschool said:

lol Foles over Wentz. jfc is this gotitans now?

It isn’t Foles over Wentz. It’s Wentz and a second round pick or back up status over possibly 3 first rounders and Foles over Wentz. I’m not so sure I don’t take the latter in that system. 

Nick Foles was awesome the last 2 games. Absolutely awesome. That said, 3 weeks ago teams wouldn't give up a 5th rounder for him. It's not like he took over & was awesome for 8 games. He was pretty bad most of the the regular season & was meh against Atlanta,. These last 2 games were incredible but posters are saying they wouldn't take a 1st rd pick for Nick Foles? Think about that for a second. After his first few starts this year the staff was thinking of turning to Zach Sudfeld.

2 weeks ago we all thought we'd be interviewing DeFillippo because  the Vikings were gonna beat the shit out of the Eagles in Philly, that's what everybody thought about Nick Foles at the time.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, Face said:

Nick Foles was awesome the last 2 games. Absolutely awesome. That said, 3 weeks ago teams wouldn't give up a 5th rounder for him. It's not like he took over & was awesome for 8 games. He was pretty bad most of the the regular season & was meh against Atlanta,. These last 2 games were incredible but posters are saying they wouldn't take a 1st rd pick for Nick Foles? Think about that for a second. After his first few starts this year the staff was thinking of turning to Zach Sudfeld.

2 weeks ago we all thought we'd be interviewing DeFillippo because  the Vikings were gonna beat the shit out of the Eagles in Philly, that's what everybody thought about Nick Foles at the time.

Foles has to get back into his game. He did. It showed. He can be more than Flacco. 

I think he compares to Flacco. A notch above Cassel in his prime and equal to Flacco now. 

I think a team team like Buffalo takes a long look at him