Vrabel named Titans HC

socaltitan

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Only interviewed 3. Vrabel must have been the guy all along.    Lets see who he picks as coordinators.

One of the funniest tweets from Vrabel's Houston days.    

@tgo  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Lol why don’t you fuck off and stop following me around bringing up Mularkey constantly. 

You basically come off like a troll. 

You’re becoming like that @LongTimeFan guy that follows @OILERMAN around like a creep. 

I’m not talking about Mularkey anymore, I’m talking about new coaches. 

I’m sorry you have a vendetta thing going on or whatever, but maybe you’ll get over it. 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

So you think a married postal worker that brags he has sex with other women, should be praised? You don't like when I point out his utterly stupid posts? You can post crap about anyone except him?

LMAO holy shit seriously?

All was quiet and it's like the music hit ... 

Baaah gawd ... business is about to pick up ... 

:cmj:

Edited by big2033

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

You do realize I was one of the first to advocate for Vrabel out of all the candidates right?

I can't speak for others, but I'm pretty sure I know that what he's talking about, occurred long before that.

You supported both Mularkey and Robiskie the entire season.

Right up to the bitter end.

Despite the evidence that played out before your eyes, on the field.

And there was little or no nuance to it.  Why do you think people are still giving you a hard time about it?

Way too many declarative statements about the coaches, the playcalling and the QB.

Sometimes it was like you and Oman had zero idea about what you were looking at.

From my perspective, it was truly baffling behavior for a football fan. 

Then you were positively gloating after Mularkey's Sunday afternoon presser.  As if you'd been vindicated by what MM had to say about the staff and the scheme.

Now you're claiming you were a Vrabel guy all along?

12 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I can't speak for others, but I'm pretty sure I know that what he's talking about, occurred long before that.

And there was little or no nuance to it.  Why do you think people are still giving you a hard time about it?

Way too many declarative statements about the coaches, the playcalling and the QB.

Sometimes it was like you and Oman had zero idea about what you were looking at.

Then you were positively gloating after Mularkey's Sunday afternoon presser.  As if you'd been vindicated by what MM had to say about the staff and the scheme.

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.g

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

the backtracking of oman, tgo, and big2033 is hilarious to watch. its flat out embarrassing... and yet so glorious. 

7 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Go back and look at what I said last week about the candidates, and see who I voted for in the poll. 

That doesn’t mean I’m going to praise every move that is made or gloss over potential issues, but I will support the head coach as long as it is warranted. 

Btw, I didn’t defend Robiskie. I said he should be replaced. There were times where I responded to some ludicrous criticism, but overall a lot of the criticism was valid. 

Edited by tgo

9 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

So you think a married postal worker that brags he has sex with other women, should be praised? You don't like when I point out his utterly stupid posts? You can post crap about anyone except him?

I don't "post crap" about other posters unless they post crap about me constantly (or follow other posters around constantly talking shit). 

I really can't stand the personal back and forth crap and name calling and prefer to just talk about football. 

I don't mind people disagreeing with my takes on things and debating, no problem with that, and I learn a lot from other posters and hopefully vice versa about some things. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Why did you defend Webster so much back then?

I was obviously wrong about Webster. 

Although he did some good work in FA and brought in some key members of our current personnel department. Seemed to have an eye for bringing in talented personnel men like Brian Gardner, Ruskell, etc. 

Some of the guys that learned under Webster are critical members of the scouting department currently. 

Have to give him credit for one the greatest FA signings in Titans history at least (Delanie Walker).

Coming from Reinfeldt who had no background in scouting, I thought he managed the scouting department well and helped re-organize it and had the right philosophy about working with a HC and focusing on old school scouting in terms of utilizing the resources of the department. 

Obviously as things played out, he did a shitty job making decisions on drafting players. 

What I've learned since then is that it is critically important to have a vision and identity for the exact kind of players you want and to draft accordingly, and this vision has to be aligned between the GM and Head Coach. Robinson has this, and Webster didn't. Webster didn't do a good job at strategizing and melding the FA and draft process to complete an overall roster picture either. 

Webster's problem was that he and his staff didn't do a good job accounting for the intangibles involved in scouting players: Intelligence, toughness, work ethic, attention to detail, character etc. You have a build a culture not just through coaching, but also by the kinds of guys you draft and bring in. 

It's not just about drafting the biggest, fastest, strongest guys who can play in your scheme. Robinson understands this, I don't think Webster really did. 

Webster brought in a large portion of the "core" of the current team, so at least have to recognize that, but overall obviously he sucked at drafting players. 

Another thing that should be recognized is that Webster drafted Mariota and didn’t think twice and pushed back against Whisenhunt pushing to draft Amari Cooper instead and keeping Mett as the starter. (This info is according to Beddingfield’s radio interview several months ago). Obviously any decent GM would have done the obvious and drafted Mariota, but he ignored Whisenhunt and did the right thing on this. 

Honestly I just can't stand the mob mentality and group think that is pervasive here sometimes, so I tend to push back against it at times when warranted. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. 

Edited by tgo

• Jonboy unpinned this topic