JRob/Mularkey pre-draft presser

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-Robinson says the QB talk has gotten bigger in the past week, but says he's going off the internet -Has been exploratory and serious talks about trading #5 -Says secondary class is deep

-Kevin Dodd not completely healthy, not far off but still has pain -Mularkey hasn't talked to Henry and doesn't see the need -Would answer the phone if he called -Henry doesn't have to

Tried to summarise everything. Sorry if I missed something. Was paraphrasing for the most. part and I had to split it into 2 posts.

22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

that sounded really ominous from Mularkey on Dodd, I wouldn't rule out some kind of pass rusher in the first round after listening to that.

Makes you wonder if JRob wants to take that chance on a high round pick again.

Not a whole lot to pick apart and read into there - mostly fluff.

This one was probably the one that stands out to me though:

-On BPA vs need at 5, go for player who fits best on football team.

There's a few guys we've discussed here about being good "fits" for us.

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Tried to summarise everything. Sorry if I missed something. Was paraphrasing for the most. part and I had to split it into 2 posts.

Thanks Irish, 2 things:

1) Did Mularkey seem peeved with Henry or was he really just saying "hey, he doesn't have to be here, so I'm not gonna bother him"?

2)When you say "much further along with the schemes" do you mean the team knows the current system better than last year or that they're adding more things to the playbook?

42 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

Not a whole lot to pick apart and read into there - mostly fluff.

This one was probably the one that stands out to me though:

-On BPA vs need at 5, go for player who fits best on football team.

There's a few guys we've discussed here about being good "fits" for us.

Yep. 

From a scheme/character standpoint, I think you gotta come down on 3 guys: Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, and OJ Howard. Possibly Mike Williams too depending on the direction they want to take the offense.

2 hours ago, Face said:

Thanks Irish, 2 things:

1) Did Mularkey seem peeved with Henry or was he really just saying "hey, he doesn't have to be here, so I'm not gonna bother him"?

2)When you say "much further along with the schemes" do you mean the team knows the current system better than last year or that they're adding more things to the playbook?

I don't like stirring the pot with these things, but I actually did get the impression he was pretty upset about it, at least at the start. He had a pretty firm "no" to if they talked. But he did go on to say it was his understanding he was in school.

with that question he meant further along as they hadn't fully installed and learned the scheme both offensively and defensively last year. However, he did say they after the season they looked at ways to improve the team both schematically and with players.