Kaepernick refuses to stand for National Anthem

Come on Titans

9 hours ago, freakingeek said:

That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard on this board and that's saying something. If the founding fathers had your attitude we'd still be under British rule and THAT has absolutely nothing to do with luck. Of course that rhetoric is expected from you, who wouldn't know a positive thought even IF one randomly drifted through your head.

You are fucking clueless  old man.

Edited by WG53

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's his right. He's a Goddamned idiot, but you can do that in America, unlike many places that he probably thinks are superior. 

I wonder if he'll refuse to stand for the Canadian National Anthem when he's reduced to playing for Winnipeg or Saskatchewan?

Hopefully Trump has Kaep deported after Nov!

Posted Images

8 hours ago, oldschool said:

WG53 is going to stop selling TV's to American citizens as a stand against Nationalism. 

You really need to try harder. I haven't been in sales since 2008. 

13 minutes ago, WG53 said:

He's the type that thinks you can't be critical of our country at all i.e. a moron.

You're a Deutsche.  Too many little shlts like you are being taught that this country is bad.  Bad from the start.  Then like good little parrots you repeat and repeat without a clue about our actual history and what it took to make this nation the envy of the world.  Without an original thought in your head or the ability to create one you blame and insult this country and those who defend your right to do so.  You call me a moron?  I call you a worthlesss pos with zero value that has never,  and will never do anything  to benefit  anyone or anything but yourself.  

Ya,  you can be critical of this nation. I fought for this country so you have that right.  Critical BS like yours is reaching a crescendo and is going to cause a reaction that you are oblivious to what the results may be.  And you little turds do it because you think it's cool,  it's fun.  

But that's ok.  We all know what you are and that you are incapable of anything more.  

1 hour ago, anitberger said:

its not disrespectful to say americans are "all sorts of fucked up" because we traditionally play the national anthem prior to sporting events?  so i can go to another country and call out their traditions and make the connection that they are therefore all sorts of "fucked up" and then it wouldn't be considered disrespectful?

i don't care either way honestly.  its an interesting line of reasoning and i just think most people would disagree with you.

Just to be clear, on the list of things that makes Americans "all sorts of fucked up" this actually ranks pretty low, but is just another example.

If you want to get a good read on why people like myself from outside the USA (but having lived in the USA previously), think Americans are fucked up, just go into the Off-topic area and open up pretty much any thread.

That said, playing the national anthem at a pre-season football game between two American teams is akin to playing it a children's birthday party.  I have no issue with playing at on momentous occasions, but over saturation certainly lessens its impact.

54 minutes ago, Carpy said:

Just to be clear, on the list of things that makes Americans "all sorts of fucked up" this actually ranks pretty low, but is just another example.

If you want to get a good read on why people like myself from outside the USA (but having lived in the USA previously), think Americans are fucked up, just go into the Off-topic area and open up pretty much any thread.

That said, playing the national anthem at a pre-season football game between two American teams is akin to playing it a children's birthday party.  I have no issue with playing at on momentous occasions, but over saturation certainly lessens its impact.

Cool story bro. However, it has nothing to do with what i posted.  The original poster that i quoted implied that a foreigner could not be disrespectful by criticizing another countries traditions. I obviously disagree with that.  Your little spiel here has nothing to do with it but thanks for clearing up that our national anthem being played at large social gatherings is relatively low on your list of complaints about our culture.  its been duly noted and i hope it doesn't infringe on your safe space at the next event. 

Pre-season, super bowl, mega-super bowl, galactic championship, inter-galactic championship, high school, college... does it matter the importance of the fucking football game? whether people want to recognize it or not there are some places in the world were enjoying a sporting event is not possible. its a simple acknowledgment that being able to go to a game on the weekend with family and friends is possible in this country.  

Tell us all please what is the threshold of importance in your magical mystical land for the use of a national anthem? League championship? oh wait it must be between two different countries, right? so you just keep the anthems in the back pocket for international competitions?  Really wanna drive the jingoism to a fever pitch prior to the meeting of two different countries?  Good plan maybe all those other enlightened countries can tell us americans how to stay respectful at our sporting events since they all have a spotless record.  i mean its just really fucked up of us to play it for these puny preseason football games.

Finally don't speak to me as if i have never had a conversation with a foreign individual about America.  The country is far from perfect but perfect is merely a concept and one that is constantly evolving.  Our idea of perfect was radically different 20 years ago... and it will be radically different 20 years from now.  There will always be inequalities and there will always be groups that are experiencing inequality either explicitly or implicitly.  The goals and aspirations of the country should forever be moving towards fixing those inequalities.  However, simple failure to attain equality at a certain period of time is not an indictment of the goals and aspirations of a country.  Where i disagree with kaep is that I do think the country is trying and it is attempting to wrap its head around the problem. Unfortunately disagreeing on what the cure needs to be has become politicized to the point that both sides are willing to cast sinister motives to the opposition.  Our government and our country can simultaneously be flawed and worthy of respect at the same time it doesn't need to be either or.

Edited by anitberger
spell check

2 hours ago, GFTitans said:

You're a Deutsche.  Too many little shlts like you are being taught that this country is bad.  Bad from the start.  Then like good little parrots you repeat and repeat without a clue about our actual history and what it took to make this nation the envy of the world.  Without an original thought in your head or the ability to create one you blame and insult this country and those who defend your right to do so.  You call me a moron?  I call you a worthlesss pos with zero value that has never,  and will never do anything  to benefit  anyone or anything but yourself.  

Ya,  you can be critical of this nation. I fought for this country so you have that right.  Critical BS like yours is reaching a crescendo and is going to cause a reaction that you are oblivious to what the results may be.  And you little turds do it because you think it's cool,  it's fun.  

But that's ok.  We all know what you are and that you are incapable of anything more.  

You are a clueless sheep.

Fought for this country? No, you fought for geopolitical  corporate interests. Brainwashed tool.

The problem with Kap's refusing to stand is that the public's discussion of his behavior is more about his method of protest, rather than the issue he is trying to raise. He's not accomplishing what he set out to do.  If he really wants to raise the issue and have a real discussion about it, then he should find another means.

He has a perfect right to sit, but there are also likely to be adverse consequences for him.

Good for Fisher! Go to August 27 and there is a video of Fisher instructing the troops on team behavior for the National Anthem: 

https://www.facebook.com/losangelesrams/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Wonder how those Missouri Rams who trumpted the "Hand up-don't shoot" lie feel about this?

Edited by charleytolar