Round 5 Pick #140: Tajae Sharpe, WR, UMass

Mercalius

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a hunnuh dolla bill for every bump on you FACE! I got a hunnuh dolla bill for every bump on you FACE! I got a hunnuh dolla bill for every bump on you FACE! I got a hunnuh doll

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty impressed by the fact that this kid has a hunnah dolla bill for every bump on YA FACE

This conversation feels very familiar   *Cough*Tre McBride*Cough*

I'm okay with taking shots by finding small school players.  I like the guys they took because they have upside.

Let's not go crowning these guys just yet though.  The hit rate for 5-7th round small school players is alarmingly low.

Edited by Justafan

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Idk why Mcbride has become a punch line around here. He is a talented player, drafted in the 6th round from a small school, that everyone knew would need a year or two of development before he was ready for Sundays. He may still help us down the line some time.

That's the thing... seems that the perception is that he had a # of people saying he'd be a starter by mid-season. Whether that's true or not I have no clue. But Tajae Sharpe is the shiny new toy and McBride is last year's forgotten Christmas present.

1 hour ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

it is because some posters act like McBride is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He was the worst WR on this team a season ago. That still has not changed.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

That's the thing... seems that the perception is that he had a # of people saying he'd be a starter by mid-season. Whether that's true or not I have no clue. But Tajae Sharpe is the shiny new toy and McBride is last year's forgotten Christmas present.

Hmmm, you guys may be right in that there was some extra exuberance about him last year. I do seem to remember some of that. I think it had more to do with how bad we were at receiver and how disgusted we were by how much we had invested at the position for so little return. The idea of a late-round receiver with hands, speed, and willingness to go up for the ball got us going. I'd like to see him get a real shot at taking old man Douglas's spot.

9 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Probably Damian Williams part 2, but who knows. It's all a crap shoot. 

Hope he works out, but Titans have a major curse with WRs.

Bigger, stronger,  plays faster runs better routes, 3x the production in college with much better hands

Sharpe could never do a thing in the NFL nobody knows but I don't understand the Williams comparison?

Sharpe ran a bunch of go routes in the cutup I watched but he doesn't have the speed to make it work.  I don't think he'll ever start on the outside, he just can't get separation.  He could be a very solid depth possession guy at the z or possibly even y spot but he'll never be an X in my opinion.

Gets a good slant route and he's going to make some plays underneath.  Decent once he gets the ball in his hands.

My biggest problem is that his greatest asset is to run routes and catch the ball consistently when open and I just don't think he's going to be able to get separation consistently at the next level.  He's a pure possession receiver who isn't that great going and getting contested catches.  I don't hate it, it's a fifth round pick, but I definitely don't love it.

Not feeling Sharpe or Wallace.  The verdict is out on the rest but i'm not sold on these two.

Edited by Justafan

10 hours ago, Cyrus said:

15 second evaluation of Sharpe - looks like the poor man's Josh Doctson. I like that he's 21 and won't turn 22 until this December. 

This is at least the second player (that I've noticed) where you focused on age. Why is that? There's not a huge difference between a 22 yo and a 24 yo. Many of these players won't play for us beyond 5 or 6 years, either way. Dodd is going to be 24 this season, right? This guy will be 21. Unless there are questions about continuing to grow, I'm curious why you focus on it so much. 

9 hours ago, hazzed said:

Bigger, stronger,  plays faster runs better routes, 3x the production in college with much better hands

Sharpe could never do a thing in the NFL nobody knows but I don't understand the Williams comparison?

Because everyone went nuts with excitement when Williams was picked, and posting the sports science featuring how amazing his hands were. 

I expect nothing out of Titans WRs. So I won't be disappointed.