Munchak Turns Down 2nd Arizona Interview

Jonboy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But but but.... once you're in ANYTHING could haaaaaphen!?z   J/k. I agree that it has actually hurt the team somewhat by prolonging what was the inevitable, but getting Mariota and Corey Da

Munchak turns down a second interview.  Fisher not getting a sniff.  Shows what the league thinks.

Tomlin is a terrible coach.  Anyone could have that record with the talent he's had.

2 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

If Tomlin gets fired, I would run to offer him the Titans job. No way they fire Mike Tomlin.

In 11 seasons, Tomlin's worst record is 8-8. He has a 116-60 record with two Super Bowl appearances. We could do a lot worse than Tomlin.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He cant manage the game. Last week wasnt the first time.

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Tomlin is a terrible coach.  Anyone could have that record with the talent he's had.

Not even worth discussing because there is no way the steelers fire him.

8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But but but.... once you're in ANYTHING could haaaaaphen!?z

J/k. I agree that it has actually hurt the team somewhat by prolonging what was the inevitable, but getting Mariota and Corey Davis some playoff experience was invaluable. To have him prove, in spite of the offense he played in, that he can will a team to a comeback victory on the road in the playoffs from a 21-3 deficit reveals a potentially magnificent future on the horizon for this team.

So we made the playoffs, got a stunning and exciting come from behind win, got to see Corey Davis score his first two touchdowns in spectacular fashion, AND on top of all that we got to watch Mularkey sabotage himself out of the job here. Time will tell if it will be worth it, but if you'd told me 2 or 3 weeks before the season ended that we'd get all that I'd have signed up in a heartbeat.

I agree that the experience was crucial. Regardless of the top candidates being potentially locked up already, I trust Jrob will find a great HC that fits the vision he has for the team. He is a forward thinker so I guarantee he won’t be scared of guys that some people might think aren’t ready for the job yet.