Eric Decker Signs w/ Titans - One Year Deal

Mercalius

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope none of you were around Tajae when this was announced!

Lol someone on said this.    

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I do assume (for now) that he will make the team.

Sharpe should make the team, assuming whatever his legal issues he has don't become a problem.

I was referring to Douglas when I said ' if he makes the team'. Even though he did take a $2M pay cut a couple of months ago.

But with Decker signed who knows what will happen with Douglas. It's kind of a dick move to release someone who takes a pay cut.

43 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Weakest spot on offense is now backup QB.

How often did Manning and Favre have good backups? I just don't get all the Cassel hate here, he's fine.

It's not like they have Pro Bowl talent at guard either. Spain, Kline, Lelito, & Tretola aren't all that great.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

3 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

How often did Manning and Favre have good backups? I just don't get all the Cassel hate here, he's fine.

How many times did Favre and Mannings backups need to play? I think Cassel is fine. The most important thing for a backup is helping prepare the starter. As long as he does that I'm happy. 

That's as much a testament to how solid the offense is as it is to my low expectations of winning with Cassel. Guard play may not be pro bowl but for the first time in recent memory we don't have someone unanimously considered a pos starting on the interior, and we've got solid prospects along with proven vet Kelly capable of filling in.  

Mariota hasn't played 16 games yet and that's by far my biggest concern about the team. Realistically we should be expecting to see the backup out there a couple times in meaningful situations.  

28 minutes ago, Number9 said:

When you sign a vet like him, he's starting.  Already mentioned, but it's amazing what JRob has done with the same money Webster had.  

What I find most interesting isn't Robinson's eye for talent but instead how bad a judge of talent Webster was. How does a man rise to that height and be so very bad at his job?

Sankey man, Sankey...

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Awful example... Have you ever looked into the guys who backed up Favre in the QB factory that was the Packers back then? The ones that pop up right away in my memory are Brunell, Warner and Hasselbeck.

I agree completely with the concept but those two guys are terrible examples because they are pretty much known as the iron-men of the sport (without talking about linemen).

47 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

its related to the Patriots, hard to see any other team making it out of the AFC.

there is a more even spread at the top of the NFC, hence a better chance for the Bucs.

Makes sense but I thought it meant to win the SuperBowl not to get there?