Is Tannehill Broken? Some say yes.

titaninpgh

Broken or not, after three straight playoff failures with Tannehill unable to deliver at critical moments, anybody that still thinks Tannehill is elite and can take the Titans to the Superbowl is delusional. I think the Titans will have another good regular season, get into the playoffs but will have another early exit from the playoffs because of the quarterback. I think JRob and Vrabel have drawn the same conclusion and the only reason they hang on to Tannehill for another season is because of his contract. Titans will part ways with him after the season and look for a new QB or turn to Willis depending on how they think about the rookie after one season with the team.

I'll be glad to eat crow if things turn out otherwise.

Edited by ShadowCreek

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we have one star who’s not a pussy who wants to kill themself?

Yeah...I don't get what people wanted from that presser. I thought it was fine. He clearly knew what kind of questions he was going to get and handled it as well as he could have.  Zero issues

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

are people really giving Tannehill grief for saying he talked to a therapist?

I’m just trolling Tanny huggers who can’t imagine he might have been shook by his personal failures in the playoff game. I think everyone should have a therapist, whether they have a clinical diagnosis or not. When shit gets bad, its a lot easier to jump right in if the therapist already knows your background. Plus, a lot of people could use the practice at vulnerability.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

On a board where dead babies are ridiculed and laughed at I would say it's strangely odd he's not getting more grief.

But he's yalls Golden boy and it's pretty obvious it may make his world even darker 

10 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

On a board where dead babies are ridiculed and laughed at I would say it's strangely odd he's not getting more grief.

But he's yalls Golden boy and it's pretty obvious it may make his world even darker 

It's really more given how cultural attitudes have changed for the better regarding mental health. Dudes kill themselves every year because therapy is so stigmatized. 

1 hour ago, logicals said:

This is part of the problem.

Many of you still think that 2021 Tannehill is different than 2019/2020 Tannehill.

He’s not!

Theyre the exact same person and the exact same skills and performance. It’s an illusion.

I told you all this in 2019 - what you were seeing in 2019 and (to a lesser extent in 2020) is that teams were stacking the box to stop Henry and that allowed ANY quarterback with at least average skills to feast over the top.

It was not Tannehill skill. It was Derrick freaking Henry.

When Henry declined a bit last year and teams didn’t need to focus their entire gameplan on stopping him, Tannehill began to show you who he really is.

And in the playoffs, coming off an injury, the Cinci defense wasn’t worried about Henry at all, so what happened? Tannehill threw 3 picks.

2019 Tannehill = 2021 Tannehill.

The only difference is that your eyes can’t decipher the illusion.

Well my friend in these boards people actually think that the RB doesnt affect the QBs numbers. So your wasting your breath on this.

Were nine months removed from people actually thinking that Henrys success and turn around is 100% because of tannehill. Although it is a good connection, I'd say tannehill game is determined more on Henry success than viceversa.

It will be at LEAST until next season before any sort of QB controversy can fester. A caller mentioned on the radio this a.m. that Willis only faced 3 draft picks last year. 3. Not first rounders....just drafted players. 

Kinda brings things back down to Earth (in addition to the other growth challenges he will face.)

Just now, SleepingTitan said:

It will be at LEAST until next season before any sort of QB controversy can fester. A caller mentioned on the radio this a.m. that Willis only faced 3 draft picks last year. 3. Not first rounders....just drafted players. 

Kinda brings things back down to Earth (in addition to the other growth challenges he will face.)

Yeah in the Ole Miss game, where he had 3 INT's, was sacked 9 times, and they decisively lost.  The highest one of those picks was in round 6 too - the guy the Titans picked.

29 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Yeah in the Ole Miss game, where he had 3 INT's, was sacked 9 times, and they decisively lost.  The highest one of those picks was in round 6 too - the guy the Titans picked.

I take it with a grain of salt because of who he had around him. It's tough for (basically) a division 2 offensive line to block an SEC D1 line. 

But there's a lot to be said about rising to the occasion. Burks put on a show against Alabama and almost won the fucking game. He was literally running away with his hand up against those DBs. 

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

did most people here really give every player they didn't like grief for going through hard times mentally before ? 

4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I take it with a grain of salt because of who he had around him. It's tough for (basically) a division 2 offensive line to block an SEC D1 line. 

But there's a lot to be said about rising to the occasion. Burks put on a show against Alabama and almost won the fucking game. He was literally running away with his hand up against those DBs. 

No question the talent level he played with was just as much of an issue as who Liberty played.  The best thing the Titans can do is work with Willis to develop the skills needed to be a good NFL QB building on the traits he has that give him that potential.  In this way, it's like 1995 McNair.  You likely aren't seeing him capable of starting for two years.