Thoughts on Titans after Colts game

OILERMAN

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think after playing the Cards, @Seattle and now the Colts the Titans are about were we would have hoped, 2-1 and in control of the division.    Barring a complete implosion they should win

Pretty interesting stuff. Downing def runs more 11 personnel which is awesome to see. You can easily create conflict by running/passing out of this group/formation set. Even if you remove week one fro

I just rewatched the game short on the Sunday Ticket app and man am I even more impressed with Downing. He really mixed things up, split Henry out wide, and so on. You guys laughed when I said he migh

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Regarding Henry's workload I can see some games where we get up and Henry gets some rest. 

I'll have to see it to believe it. 

For all the rest and maintance Vrabel loves to do that doesn't include Henry 

I love watching Long play. Fulton too. Good players. Landry has always been close, but he needed help. He finally has it. We need a healthy Dupree though. 

As for Henry, yeah...it's hard because you have to win games, and he's obviously the guy. We desperately need someone to come in for a few drives and actually produce. The Nichols TD is a good example, though. Tanny is playing very well. Brown and Julio need to get healthy. We will need them, but obviously rest them against the Jets if they need it. 

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'll have to see it to believe it. 

For all the rest and maintance Vrabel loves to do that doesn't include Henry 

I said it after week 1. As much as I hated us getting stomped, Henry didn't get a huge load vs the Cards. 

I feel like I have been hoping for Evans to take over a role for years. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Make these defensive changes permanent. Rashaan Evans needs to be completely benched in favor of David Long. 

I think this has essentially happened. Brown just hasn't been able to play the last few weeks 

Agree, we must not burn henry up this early in the year. We need to try to limit his carries to 15-20 tops per game. I know that is more difficult when we keep turning the ball over and we need every carry from Henry to stay in the game. We need to start to be aggressive in throwing early in the games in order to build a lead. Still think the play calling is all over the place. There are a few nice wrinkles that I like, but not enough PA early. 

Feeling much better about the defense this year. Hopefully we don't implode when we start playing against good offenses. 

I am hoping we can start peaking at the end of the season this year and make a real run into the playoffs. Kinda glad we're playing like shit early. No team can sustain high level play all year long. 

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Make these defensive changes permanent. Rashaan Evans needs to be completely benched in favor of David Long. Yeah, technically Long is Jayon's back up not Evans and yeah on paper Long/Brown is a very small LB duo but come on you have to stop overthinking shit and just go with players than can play. Best part about this team is we are still at like 65% of our ability level and still gutting out wins. 

They are going to put the best players on the field. Period.

7 minutes ago, japan said:

They are going to put the best players on the field. Period.

Evans literally just shows up to screw us over with penalties. I can't believe I wanted him so badly the year he was drafted. He's such a scrub right now.

Edited by Mythos27