Tannehill "In Process" of Getting Vaccine; Would've Declined Without NFL Protocols

tgo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whether he's a smart guy or not...on this specific subject he is a moron.

Vaccines should not be about politics.

What an idiot.  Why would you self sabotage? 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

If Trump was President, the Dems would be doubting the validity of the vaccine and the Republicans would be pushing it like crazy. That’s exactly how this country is, take the opposite approach of the other party. Meanwhile, every politician, including Greene is vaccinated

Super bad take. It could be argued the US ones came about as a result of Op Warp Speed, so the Dems being in now has little bearing. Trump's base is anti-science, they were never going to take this up.

7 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I was laying out how I view certain things.  I was talking more about morals and lifestyle choices as opposed to opinions.  You're clinging to the one aspect of the conversation.  I can handle difference of opinions.  If someone doesn't like steak, or decides to be a vegan.. that's on them.  Cool.  That's not interrupting or hurting a way of life.  Now, racism and bigotry?  You mean to tell me that's something you are going to support with people in your life?  You're just going to continue to support something you know isn't right?

That's all I'm getting at.  If I didn't convey that well earlier, then that's definitely on me and I can own up to it.  I was doing multiple things when responding earlier.  However, if you are okay with that type of behavior, then I don't know what to tell you, and don't know how you seem to think I'm in the wrong.

You simply explained that anyone supporting Trump must be a racist or bigot. That means you believe nearly half of the country is racist or bigot. 

You also state you cannot root for someone who supports Trump. Because of this you should not be rooting for any professional team to include the Titans.  God forbid you root for a Trump supporter. 

You keep ignoring this and have yet to respond to these points. 

Perhaps you can pivot to food choices or grammar.....oh wait you have already done that. 

14 hours ago, VaTitan said:

Here's the thing....it's not just all about them.  Thankfully he has the NFL to remind his dumbass about that.

The NFL's Covid protocols have nothing to do with protecting individuals from Covid.  It's a mechanism to ensure games are not cancelled.

11 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Actually, he'd be crowing about how the vaccines were all his doing and it would be the greatest achievement of mankind.....I saved the world!

That would actually help things IMO. His sycophants can say that his opinion on it doesn't matter but history shows he can sway them any direction he wants if he tries. 

14 hours ago, JT2000 said:

Because someone doesn't agree with you he isn't smart. Great standard.

Of all places a message board should be a place where one can understand being able to have a share different opinions and beliefs.

I agree message boards should be a place to civilly discuss differences of opinion.  l disagreed with the premise that Tannehill being Pre-Med made him any smarter than anyone else about getting vaccinated. I also disagreed with his decision to be publicly critical of the league for the tougher Covid protocols this year.  The NFL is a business and Tannehill is an employee of that business. He's one of the leaders of this team. The league has every right to demand that from their players. Tannehill would be putting his team and his team mates at a competitive disadvantage to refuse being vaccinated. A forfeit because of a positive test or a 10 day quarantine for the most important player on the field would be disastrous. The fact that he refused to discuss his reasoning leads me to believe that it's more of a politically motivated decision than one made by science and reasoning but I have no proof of that. I AM happy that he made the right decision. Just leave off the footnote.  

Edited by freakingeek

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

That would actually help things IMO. His sycophants can say that his opinion on it doesn't matter but history shows he can sway them any direction he wants if he tries. 

Actually Trump already did this back in March once it became readily available.  https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210317/trump-urges-americans-get-covid-vaccine

6 hours ago, Doogie said:

You simply explained that anyone supporting Trump must be a racist or bigot. That means you believe nearly half of the country is racist or bigot. 

You also state you cannot root for someone who supports Trump. Because of this you should not be rooting for any professional team to include the Titans.  God forbid you root for a Trump supporter. 

You keep ignoring this and have yet to respond to these points. 

Perhaps you can pivot to food choices or grammar.....oh wait you have already done that. 

I don't think you get what's being said.  I've already explained my points.  I've already stated that most Trump supporters I've come in contact with are either racist or bigoted.  I do not support either of those ideas/characteristics.  Now you're ignoring what I'm saying.  I wasn't pivoting to anything other than expressing how there is a difference between opinions and ideals/beliefs.  Because YOU are now "pivoting," my only assumption I can gather is that you are okay with those in your life having "differing opinions" when it comes to racism and bigotry.  

And because of the fact you haven't responded to MY claims yet, I'll just go ahead and assume you are okay with these pieces of shit who think those ideals (opinions to you) are okay to have around and offer support.

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Actually Trump already did this back in March once it became readily available.  https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210317/trump-urges-americans-get-covid-vaccine

I'm aware of that. But I'm talking about if he used the same persistence/fire he shows when going after his political enemies. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Which is why he hasn't given a speech or done infomercials.

He's basking in all this.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

I agree message boards should be a place to civilly discuss differences of opinion.  l disagreed with the premise that Tannehill being Pre-Med made him any smarter than anyone else about getting vaccinated. I also disagreed with his decision to be publicly critical of the league for the tougher Covid protocols this year.  The NFL is a business and Tannehill is an employee of that business. He's one of the leaders of this team. The league has every right to demand that from their players. Tannehill would be putting his team and his team mates at a competitive disadvantage to refuse being vaccinated. A forfeit because of a positive test or a 10 day quarantine for the most important player on the field would be disastrous. The fact that he refused to discuss his reasoning leads me to believe that it's more of a politically motivated decision than one made by science and reasoning but I have no proof of that. I AM happy that he made the right decision. Just leave off the footnote.  

That's not what I said. My response about Tannehill's intelligence was in response to a few posts that called him a meathead and another direct reference to intelligence.

Again, I don't know why it's such a hard concept for some to accept that a smart or competent person might have a different opinion or approach than another smart or competent person.

For disclosure, this has zero to do with me being anti-vax. I got vaccination as soon as I could and I facilitated getting those at my workplace registered to get appointments when we we still in shortage of the vaccine. 

I am really tired of people assuming that everyone who isn't making the same choice is either mentally incapacitated or a "Trumper".  The same goes with many topics on this board. Disagree... You must be:

* A Trumper or at least a Republican

* A racist or bigot

Edited by JT2000