NFL Forcing Forfeits if Teams get COVID and are unable to Schedule Games

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Good point. That would indeed suck. I wonder if they have some exemptions just in case of that kind of event. 

I hope so man. I mean, I do realize the odds are probably significantly reduced by being vaccinated, but still, I just don’t like the blanket policies. I’ve been vaccinated for what it’s worth so I’m not a tin foil hat guy. Haha

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite the development from the league. Essentially them saying get vaccinated or GTFO.        

As far as Hopkins....  

I'm still battling those diphtheria vaccines I got when I was 2 months old!

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

True, but that has nothing to do with stopping variants that are more infectious and or deadly. Mutations can happen in any person regardless of their symptoms or healthiness. 

You sound like CNN. If a variant is introduced shot or not they go get it. 

A better question with this new ruling what is the penalty for a team getting COVID +PCR who have been vaccinated?

The next question:  The unvaxxed team should have the right to appeal based upon Cell mediated immunity tests showing Ab are raised based on today's new data out of Israel.   

For example:  

This is a good time to abandon the hypothesis that natural immunity is fleeting and unreliable

E62TWsGWUAMIq5P?format=png&name=900x900

20 minutes ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

I would like this policy a lot more if fully vaccinated players were completely exempt from testing. The espn article I read stated vaccinated players would still be tested every 14 days. That leaves open the possibility of an asymptomatic outbreak being detected among fully vaccinated players and causing a forfeit, which would be pretty fucking lame. The carrot to the Cole beasley’s of the league needs to be, get vaxed and you won’t have to worry about testing, forfeits or quarantines at all. 

An outbreak is an outbreak, whether you are vaccinated or not, have symptoms or not.  I don't know all of the protocols involved for the NFL teams but they have them.  My guess is that NFL players and team personnel will have some restrictions in terms of exposure that other citizens perhaps don't.  It's a competitive advantage to be responsible and follow whatever league protocols call for.

Could a team doing everything right still have a problem?  Sure.  They could also lose star players to season ending injuries.  What shouldn't happen is that other teams get penalized because of it.

2 hours ago, TitanPoke said:

The Vaccine does not prevent you from getting it.

It absolutely does REDUCE the risk of you getting it. Nothing in this world is perfect. Even your moms sweet tits. Dont let perfect be the enemy of good.

Edited by titanruss

Has the testing reliability improved? Whether you are vaccinated or not you and others can still test false positive and be affected. Depending on the time of the week the result comes in this could be bad.

17 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

The next question:  The unvaxxed team should have the right to appeal based upon Cell mediated immunity tests showing Ab are raised based on today's new data out of Israel.   

Bongo wants to make sure everyone remembers he’s doctor…

7 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

Has the testing reliability improved? Whether you are vaccinated or not you and others can still test false positive and be affected. Depending on the time of the week the result comes in this could be bad.

Testing is wholly dependent on cycles threshold measured.  

1 hour ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

I would like this policy a lot more if fully vaccinated players were completely exempt from testing. The espn article I read stated vaccinated players would still be tested every 14 days. That leaves open the possibility of an asymptomatic outbreak being detected among fully vaccinated players and causing a forfeit, which would be pretty fucking lame. The carrot to the Cole beasley’s of the league needs to be, get vaxed and you won’t have to worry about testing, forfeits or quarantines at all. 

It’s either an automatic forfeit or you can scrape together a team to play like we did. Worked out well for us.

Edited by japan