Steelers Week

NashvilleNinja

I haven't read the whole thread.    Has anyone pointed out that this will be the Steelers' first road game in almost 6 weeks?    They opened the season at NYG.....and they haven't left home since.

It'll be interesting to see how well the Steelers' fan base is represented with only 15% seating capacity.    It was pretty annoying to see a healthy contingent of Bills fans in week 4;  I imagine we can probably expect more of the same with the Steelers coming to town.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill hearing how much the Steelers like to blitz...      

I feel much better about the Tackles now that Beddingmoron has weighed in.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, nine said:

I haven't read the whole thread.    Has anyone pointed out that this will be the Steelers' first road game in almost 6 weeks?    They opened the season at NYG.....and they haven't left home since.

It'll be interesting to see how well the Steelers' fan base is represented with only 15% seating capacity.    It was pretty annoying to see a healthy contingent of Bills fans in week 4;  I imagine we can probably expect more of the same with the Steelers coming to town.

Some one mentioned only 1 road game but I don't think any1 mentioned that it was week 1.

59 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Sambrailo is going against Dupree.

.....who is having a career year. We need to bring in an extra TE to help him

We just activated his help. In all seriousness if Smith is out, this would be a good game to get Wilson feet wet by playing him at TE doing a lot of heavy sets.

118921b2de4d481bbe2dfdd1fa3f0c2d.jpg

Edited by Guts

14 minutes ago, Guts said:

We just activated his help. In all seriousness if Smith is out, this would be a good game to get Wilson feet wet by playing him at TE doing a lot of heavy sets.

If his play ends up matching his stature people are gonna think we breed these big mofos. 

9 hours ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Conk is a good (not great) player that the Browns had to pay top of market rate to acquire.

JRob is getting similar production from Kelly at 1/2 price. 

Yup. Conklin is the better run blocker while Kelly is the better pass blocker. Signing Conklin for what it would have cost would have been stupid.

7 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Are we playing the Dolphins or Jets?  If the Chiefs were playing the Steelers this week, and had a defense unable to get off the field on 3rd down, I bet most of their fans would  at least have reservations.  They sure as fuck wouldn't be running around acting like they should clean out the trophy case for the Lombardi.  

You are the one that predicted the Titans losing by 20.... this is a evenly matched game by two of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Sure either team may win in a blowout and the Steelers can attack the Titans where they are weak but what keeps getting glossed over, is the Titans are dominant on offense. The Steelers D is going to be tested too.

To defend Conklin a little during that rep specifically, the TE's chip actually hurt more than it helped. Conklin set himself outside expecting a speed rush but the TE did such a good job chipping that he actually gave TJ some momentum and redirected him to the inside which Conklin wasn't expecting. Conklin lost his balance trying to recover and TJ did the rest. Just one of those plays that looks horrible but could've gone differently. There may be another rep out there where Watt just straight up beats him like a drum but I wouldn't point to this one to show how bad Conk is in pass pro. 

30 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You are the one that predicted the Titans losing by 20.... this is a evenly matched game by two of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Sure either team may win in a blowout and the Steelers can attack the Titans where they are weak but what keeps getting glossed over, is the Titans are dominant on offense. The Steelers D is going to be tested too.

This is the best and most balanced offense the Steelers have faced by far. How many times can i repeat they gave up damn near 30 points to the eagles who are a bottom tier team right now. 21 to the Jeff Driskel led Broncos. Our Defense is inconsistent but the Bills were the 2nd ranked offense going into our game with them and got held to 16 without 2 of our best defenders. 

Are the Steelers even the best team in their division? Stop listening to nfln and espn. We can beat any team in this league and at this point should be favored over anyone besides kc or seattle

2 hours ago, Guts said:

Wilson is obviously an enormous human being.....a huge, powerful freak-of-nature type.   Unfortunately, at the NFL level,  bigger/stronger/faster is just one small piece of the equation.   Fundamental technique and knowledge of the scheme are paramount....as is the ability to identify what the defense is doing.

Big and strong don't mean squat if he's unsure of his assignment and takes a false step or turns the wrong way....or if he misreads the defensive alignment and blocks the wrong guy, leaving his guy completely untouched....or if sloppy technique causes him to lose his footing, balance, or leverage at the point of attack.    There are just so many things  that can go wrong that have nothing to do with strength and conditioning.

My concern with Wilson is that he had literally zero OTA's or offseason practice, only a handful of practices in camp, and only a handful of practices since then.    He's worked hard to keep himself in shape, which is great to hear....but live practice reps are also critical, and he's gotten very, very little of that.   He simply hasn't been available for that portion of work.

I hate sounding pessimistic....but I'm guessing we'll be well into the second half of the season before Wilson is ready to contribute in any capacity whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Guts said:

Is he allowed to wear that dark visor in live game, he looks intimidating af.

14 minutes ago, nine said:

Wilson is obviously an enormous human being.....a huge, powerful freak-of-nature type.   Unfortunately, at the NFL level,  bigger/stronger/faster is just one small piece of the equation.   Fundamental technique and knowledge of the scheme are paramount....as is the ability to identify what the defense is doing.

Big and strong don't mean squat if he's unsure of his assignment and takes a false step or turns the wrong way....or if he misreads the defensive alignment and blocks the wrong guy, leaving his guy completely untouched....or if sloppy technique causes him to lose his footing, balance, or leverage at the point of attack.    There are just so many things  that can go wrong that have nothing to do with strength and conditioning.

My concern with Wilson is that he had literally zero OTA's or offseason practice, only a handful of practices in camp, and only a handful of practices since then.    He's worked hard to keep himself in shape, which is great to hear....but live practice reps are also critical, and he's gotten very, very little of that.   He simply hasn't been available for that portion of work.

I hate sounding pessimistic....but I'm guessing we'll be well into the second half of the season before Wilson is ready contribute in any capacity whatsoever. 

I can honestly see why they drafted him, I really really wanna see him in the run game.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic